Orphan of the day 10-21 --- 1959 Oldsmobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphan of the day 10-21 --- 1959 Oldsmobile

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

59s are the ultimate. A few months ago I had a brief but intense love affair with the subject car's sister (below). Had it gone a few grand cheaper I would have broken my rule of not financing anything to get it. Talk about love for a car! Someday soon.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	1959PontiacBonnevilleWhite14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1663885Click image for larger version

Name:	1959PontiacBonnevilleWhite06.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1663882Click image for larger version

Name:	1959PontiacBonnevilleWhite34.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1663884Click image for larger version

Name:	1959PontiacBonnevilleWhite38.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1663883

I will add: There is a '60 Bonneville here locally for sale, 4dr. flattop, white with red interior, same car as the above, just not a 59, which is the one I've gotta have. The '60 is a beautiful restoration done by old-school craftsmen, just as nice as the above, and can be had for just under $20K, VERY reasonable for that car.
    Last edited by Bob Andrews; 10-21-2010, 01:44 AM. Reason: added info
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

My first car was a 1959 Dynamic 88 convertible. BIG CAR!
      Last edited by rockne10; 10-24-2010, 07:46 PM.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Can't remember the last time I saw a '59 Olds in the flesh. Pontiacs, yeah; Chevies and Caddies a-plenty, but Oldses and Buicks? Nope - not in years.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thats a nice 59 Pontiac Bob, I'm looking for a decent flat roof GM car to make an El Camino out of. Shorten the roof and open the back for a pickup. Saw a 59 Buick done like this once and thought it was cool.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I always liked my '59 Olds. It had the cool color bar speedo, wide pattern headlights and nice fins. Mine was just a Dynamic 88 sedan, but I put on some '60 Pontiac Spinners to "bling" it up a little. Probably should have kept it, but I was still running my vintage car dealership at the time and couldn't pass up the 10 for 1 trade I was offered!

Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Working...
            X