PDA

View Full Version : It's been raining in So. Cal.

Mike Van Veghten
10-20-2010, 10:01 AM
But the weather people "said"...it's supposed to clear up by Thursday and be a nice weekend for those comming to the So. Cal. Zone Meet.

But then again...it was supposed to "only" rain Monday as of last Saturday nights news...!
Then Monday, it was "supposed"....to clear up Tuesday night...and on, and on, and........

Keep our collective fingers crossed for a nice weekend.

Mike

TX Rebel
10-20-2010, 10:14 AM
The nice California weather must have migrated over here to the normally damp Gulf Coast of Texas. We have not had a drop in over a month, weather has been mild, with humidity so low that the Fluorescent lights in my shop actually all work. No tropical storms here this year for a change, either. The only complaint is that I have been having to water far more than is usually necessary this time of year. It is a shame to have good conditions for sand blasting & painting, but being too busy to get any of it done.

Bud
10-20-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm located 2 miles south of LAX and at 7:30 am PDT it's still raining. I wanted to get my 62 Hawk out for a good cleaning in preparation for the meet, but I believe that I'll drive my Silverado to the meet instead. I'm not complaining as we need the rain. Bud

(S)
10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
What are they saying about Friday -Sat -Sun ? The show is Saturday right?

nibbs53
10-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Fri. Partly Cloudy.

High 67
Low54

Sat. Partly Cloudy.

High 71
Low 54

Sun. Partly Cloudy

High 78
Low57

52-fan
10-20-2010, 12:56 PM
That rain is supposed to move into this area by the weekend. I hope it does because we have had almost no rain for months. I can't remember the last time we mowed the lawn and everything has a brown look.

Mike Van Veghten
10-20-2010, 01:03 PM
(S) -

Reread my post....

"Supposed to clear up by Thursday"

Mike

52 Ragtop
10-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Weatherman:
The ONLY job you can have, be WRONG 90% of the time, make 6 figures and still keep your job!

Jim

StudeDave57
10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
For those of you keeping score at home- this is the meet being discussed~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?44611-Pacific-Southwest-Zone-Meet-October-22-24-2010&highlight=zone+meet

AND~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?45396-Zone-meet-in-Southern-Ca.-Oct-22-24.&highlight=zone+meet

StudeDave '57 :cool:

candbstudebakers
10-21-2010, 01:01 AM
If it rains I want my money back, see you all there.

Mike Van Veghten
10-21-2010, 09:52 AM
4:30 get-up...5:30 leave home...in the AM...STILL freaken raining in Covina (about 20 miles from the gathering location)...........

BUT...by the time I get to work, in Redondo Beach (43 miles away)....sky is actually visable thru broken clouds.
Hopefully...it'll continue to clear.

Mike

Bud
10-21-2010, 10:08 AM
At 7AM it's still overcast, but no rain in the far southwest corner of Hawthorne. The weather channel is saying that there is still a possibility of rain for today and tomorrow. The KFI radio weather report says the same thing. Bud

Bud
10-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Good news, at 8AM, the sun has broken through the overcast for the first time in almost a week. Hopefully we will have nice weather for the meet. Bud

Mike Van Veghten
10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Yep...just went out to the truck for sumthin to eat.

The sky (Redondo Beach) is about 80% blue sky.
Looking East, it's about 60-40..blue sky to medium dark clouds, but looks like the clouds (rain clouds anyway !) are finally on the way out.

Mike

Bud
10-21-2010, 06:22 PM
It's 3:20pm and the sky is overcast and the wind has picked up here in Hawthorne. It kind of feels like rain again. Bud

Bud
10-22-2010, 08:43 AM
It's 5:45 am and it's raining again and the weather report says a chance of rain all weekend. I sure hope the weather report is wrong. Bud

Mike Van Veghten
10-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Played hooky today to clean up my wagon...among other things.

Overcast, was "drizzeling" (as they say), around 5:30am. While the ground is still wet, nothing has been comming down since I got up (it's now 10am).
Cool, but t-shirt comfortable. Just got done charging the battery in my camera..

The Weatherbug says partly cloudy for both Saturday and Sunday with a temp of 67 for Sat., and 72 on Sun.

I'm going Saturday.

Anyone know what time the proceedings begin ?

Mike

StudeDave57
10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm going Saturday. Anyone know what time the proceedings begin ? Mike
Take a look at the link in reply number nine for a link to details about the event.

Or you could take a look at the SDC home page~ in the events section.

StudeDave '57 :cool:

Mike Van Veghten
10-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Well...I guess a lot of people figured that it "might" rain and their cars would melt or turn into Subaru's or something..

I understand at least twenty prepaid cars didn't show up today...!? And how many drive-in's like myself didn't come.
If I had to guess....maybe 60/65 cars showed up...and one was a 57ish Chrysler...! Half as much as normally shows up for the La Palma Meet, about 30 miles, roughly west of todays meet.

Oh well...here's hopen for more cars tomorrow.

Mike

Bud
10-23-2010, 08:42 PM
I took a ride to the meet this morning in my truck as it was raining here in Hawthorne this morning. Since the truck is already dirty from driving in the rain all week, I drove it instead of one of my Studebakers. Mike is right, more cars show up at the average La Palma meet than were at Ontario today. There wasn't much at the swap area either, though there were a few nice cars for sale this morning at decent prices. Bud