51 bullet front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 bullet front end

how hard and how much would i expect to pay for a 51 champion hood and fenders, how hard are they to find?

Maybe a $1000 or so for everything in good used shape. A bit less if you don't need the front panel, grills and bullet.

64 Commander-64 Daytona
    64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert-63
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Maybe a $1000 or so for everything in good used shape. A bit less if you don't need the front panel, grills and bullet.

64 Commander-64 Daytona
      64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert-63
      63 Lark 2 door
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark HT-60Hawk
      59 3E truck
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I've got a '51 Business Coupe project car - disassembled and sans engine - that I want a flat $3K for. All the removable sheet metal - save for the doors - has been chemically stripped and primered. Rusty floorboards were fixed using CE floor pans. The car is in "Frame off" condition at the moment, so don't plan on sending a trasport truck by to pick it up![:I]
        While I AM selling some extra sheet metal to the fella in Denmark, I won't sell anything that goes to the aforementioned project car. Even tho it's disassembled, I want to be able to sell it as having everything needed to produce a finished Biz Coupe. (And I DO have an appropriate Champion 6 engine if need be - just not THE engine that the car came with.)[^]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've got a '51 Business Coupe project car - disassembled and sans engine - that I want a flat $3K for. All the removable sheet metal - save for the doors - has been chemically stripped and primered. Rusty floorboards were fixed using CE floor pans. The car is in "Frame off" condition at the moment, so don't plan on sending a trasport truck by to pick it up![:I]
          While I AM selling some extra sheet metal to the fella in Denmark, I won't sell anything that goes to the aforementioned project car. Even tho it's disassembled, I want to be able to sell it as having everything needed to produce a finished Biz Coupe. (And I DO have an appropriate Champion 6 engine if need be - just not THE engine that the car came with.)[^]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr. Biggs - did your business coupe have OD, and if so, would you sell the transmission? I'm currently limping along in 3rd gear at 50 mph...

Las Vegas, NV
            '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Mr. Biggs - did your business coupe have OD, and if so, would you sell the transmission? I'm currently limping along in 3rd gear at 50 mph...

Las Vegas, NV
              '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

No, this one was originally an automatic.[B)]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

No, this one was originally an automatic.[B)]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Paul
                    I have a manual transmission i removed from my 51 Champion project car, the car set for 15 years in Nevada and i've had it for 6 or 7, i sold the engine and it still turned over, I'll take some pictures of it when i get to work and get back to you to night.
                    Hope this helps
                    Bruce Novak

"Red" 1951 Champion, Starlight
                    "project car" 51 Champion

Comment

Paul
                      I have a manual transmission i removed from my 51 Champion project car, the car set for 15 years in Nevada and i've had it for 6 or 7, i sold the engine and it still turned over, I'll take some pictures of it when i get to work and get back to you to night.
                      Hope this helps
                      Bruce Novak

"Red" 1951 Champion, Starlight
                      "project car" 51 Champion

Comment

Working...
                      X