X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated site on Williams estate

Still has some Studes (and Packards, BP!):

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

The tow truck looks nice...
    I'd like to see pic's of the GT Hawk convertible.
    The Packards look sweet....

Seems the list was last updated last Feb....
    But... Interesting stuff, fer sure.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Reminder: That Bermuda Brown 1964 Daytona convertible has historical significance: It is the very last convertible manufactured in South Bend, period. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I have called and talked to shane (I think) and tried to work out a deal on one or both of those trucks and get nowhere Shane wants to sell but siblings and lawyers all feel this stuff is worth top $ and won't put a deal together. The tow truck from what I understand has decent amount of rust. And without better pics of the trucks for 12k is way to high. 7k for the tow 5k for the dump. Plus cross country no way. If someone out there could get them both for around $7500.00 would probably be fair but inspection would be needed.
        John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Reminder: That Bermuda Brown 1964 Daytona convertible has historical significance: It is the very last convertible manufactured in South Bend, period. BP
          I'd sure like to see someone spend the $$ and do a first-class restoration/refurbishing on that car. (Easy for me to say, huh?!) I like Bermuda Brown and it seems like it's not often seen on a convertible.

At SB '07, there was a gorgeous (IMHO) Bermuda Brown '64 GT with white vinyl SportsRoof and brown cloth interior with Powershift. I'm droolin' now just thinking about it!
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
            I'd sure like to see someone spend the $$ and do a first-class restoration/refurbishing on that car. (Easy for me to say, huh?!) I like Bermuda Brown and it seems like it's not often seen on a convertible.
            I love a trivia challenge, Bill, so I looked it up: Of the 416 (or 417, see the discussion on Page 10 of the April 2006 Turning Wheels), only 22 were painted Bermuda Brown. Four of the 22 had Jet-Thrust engines; 2 R1s and 2 R2s.

The oddest Bermuda Brown 1964 Daytona Convertible had to be 64V6774. It was built as follows:

Bermuda Brown
            White Convertible Top
            Red Vinyl Reclining Bucket Seat Interior
            R2 Engine
            Powershift Floor Automatic Transmission
            Whitewall Tires
            Wheel Covers
            Undercoat

Yep; that's all the options, every single one!

Now consider what it did not have: no radio, no heater/defroster, no power steering, no power and/or disc brakes, no heavy-duty springs or shocks, no seat belts, no clock, etc., etc.

Destination was Melbourne, Australia, so it did have these odd options:

Amber Rear Directional Signals
            Front Directional Signals White Bulbs
            Low Compression Heads
            Omit Battery
            Wet Battery for Shipping
            RHC Type Headlamps

You Aussies: Does this car survive?
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Is it just me or is that not a bad deal on that ragtop?

Comment

Wow, I knew Steve and bought Parts from him, and knew he had a few nice Studes, but I count 20 Studes. and lots of brand X's, that is quite a collection! I remember the best ones being for sale but either didn't see or forgot about all the rest, maybe they will finally get Pics of them after all this time.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                  Seems the list was last updated last Feb....
                  I saw that, but it turned up fresh this morning in my normal five AM search. Must have been triggered by an update to the site or a reposting.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

You Aussies: [/COLOR][/B]Does this car survive?[/QUOTE]

Yes I believe this vehicle is still around. Jim Quigley would have more details as he probably worked on it when it was new.
                    pb

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                      I'd like to see pic's of the GT Hawk convertible.
                      I don't see a listing for a GT convertible. Is it hidden elsewhere? I see one for a "1960 Hawk convertible" but figured it was a typo (like the 1968 Golden Hawk) for a '60 Lark Convertible. Was he known for having a modified '60 Hawk like that?

Comment

That's what I saw... It was a 1960

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                        I don't see a listing for a GT convertible. Is it hidden elsewhere? I see one for a "1960 Hawk convertible" but figured it was a typo (like the 1968 Golden Hawk) for a '60 Lark Convertible. Was he known for having a modified '60 Hawk like that?
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I still want the cemetary truck, and still haven't the means.

Hemmings has some pictures of the other cars as well:
                          http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...&dealer_id=588
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Hi BP, the Bermuda Brown Convertible is setting about 30 miles from where I live. I have been trying to buy it over the past few years but the owner"s father bought it in 66 and the son consider's it a family heirloom. If I new how I would post some pics of it. The other Bermuda Brown R2 Convertible vin 12422 is owned by John McCall but he does not want to sell either.
                            Does anybody know in what condition this Daytona is in that is being sold? While we are on the subject , I have been trying to find 64 Golden Sand Convertible R2 vin 9077 but cannot find any trace of this vehicle, does anybody have any information on this 64?
                            Regards Brian.
                            Brian Greenall
                            Melbourne, OZ
                            sigpic

Comment

Brian, send me the pix and I'll post 'em this afternoon! bams50@msn.com
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X