Actor Tom Bosley passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actor Tom Bosley passes away

A co-worker told me he passed away today.

Tom Bosley, whose long acting career was highlighted by his hugely popular role as the understanding father on television's nostalgic, top-rated 1970s comedy series "Happy Days," died Tuesday. He was 83.

Bosley died of heart failure at a hospital near his Palm Springs home. Bosley's agent, Sheryl Abrams, said he was also battling lung cancer.

TV Guide ranked Bosley's Happy Days character No. 9 on its list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" in 2004. The show debuted in 1974 and ran for 11 seasons.

He probably be remembered most for his role on the t.v show Happy Days.
    I remember towards the end of the show that he had a Studebaker Lark.
    I was watching a collection of Studebaker commercials a couple of weeks ago and there was one with him for the 56 Studebakers.
    I'll have to see if I can find the commercial on Youtube.

another site says this....

Bosley got his acting debut on stage in the late 1940s, breaking into television in 1955 starring in commercials for Studebaker cars. That same year, he starred as the Knave of Hearts in the "Hallmark Hall of Fame" presentation of "Alice in Wonderland."

so thanks to Studebaker he got started on TV.

John V.
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 10-19-2010, 04:04 PM.

I couldn't find the commercial on Youtube so I uploaded it ....

John V.

Comment

Great spot... what a shame to lose Tom. He was, by all accounts, one of the kindest men in the business.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

We lost both a national mom and dad this week. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
          We lost both a national mom and dad this week. Very sad.
          'Thought of that myself, Bob.
          Who of the current crop on TV sitcom personalities will be remembered with such genuine, deserved, sincere fondness 25 years from now? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

From what I've seen on TV in the past few years, none of the current actors will be remembered a year after the show has been cancelled. Bud

Comment

Working...
            X