'50 Champion with a hot rod flathead 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '50 Champion with a hot rod flathead 6

Down in Tallahassee right now.. Check out this '50 Champion that still has a ways to go, but is just now able to be moved under its own power...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

How cool is that. I have such plans for my 55 Champion. I like it.
    Working on old cars separates the men from the golfers.

Comment

NICE motor.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Cool! I love it!
        Jeff DeWitt
        http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Now that's a healthy little booger! Don't ya love to see flathead sixes done up like that? I'd have one in my driveway in a NY second, IF I could! Beautiful! Well done!
          Sonny
          http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

I wonder if Bill Cathcart was involved. It looks like his handy work. Either way, SWEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!

Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

That engine is one of the Champion sixes on my screen saver at home. Beautiful detail work.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

The engine was built by George Klutkowski, although the manifold and head did come from Cathcart's.

Comment

Very Very Nice. Inspiration for a cool early Rod! Would bring some more attention to Studebaker. What size is this motor? And what is the best flathead Six to look for. Please pardon my ignorance, but I am a Street Rodder and an "Old" Ford guy! Stude 6's never interested me before....But now I have three Studes and the "Bug".
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Of the flathead 170s, the 59-60 might be the best block as Studebaker supposedly 'stiffened it up' when they retro-sized it back from 185, and it has the advantage of the increased deck height of the 55-58 185 compared to the 1954 and before 170s so that the 55-58 185 crank could be used to make it into a 185+ cid also. Likely any of the 55-60 flatheads would be 'best'. The only real difference between the 170 and 185 is the increase in the stroke. Plus, they are plentiful and usually going for a song or free. More related info in the 185 OHV creation threads

Comment

Very interesting! And Speed equipment?? Is it interchangable?
                      Brian
                      Brian Woods
                      woodysrods@shaw.ca
                      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
                      X