PDA

View Full Version : Another Studebaker in the hands of a 'minor Hollywood celeb.......'

Werdegast
10-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Ok........so I am in the kitchen having dinner, and the wife is watching "Access Hollywood".

I loathe these programs but what could I do?

Anyway the blather starts about Courtney Cox and her husband David what's his face.

The media whores were at their home in Hollywood and the camera panned to show their garage........and what do ya know..........David what's his face owns an Avanti!

So add him to the list of celebs on the Avanti list......recently found out Jay Leno is an owner of a R-2 4speed!

Sdude
10-18-2010, 08:32 PM
recently found out Jay Leno is an owner of a R-2 4speed!

If that's so, he just bought it. Last time I checked he didn't even have a Studebaker.

DEEPNHOCK
10-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I heard Leno owns one of everything...

<snip>
......recently found out Jay Leno is an owner of a R-2 4speed!

Chris Pile
10-18-2010, 09:36 PM
If that's so, he just bought it. Last time I checked he didn't even have a Studebaker.

Jay was listed last year in the "New Members" section of Turning Wheels.

paintim613
10-18-2010, 10:20 PM
David Arquette, the movie actor, mentioned incompletely above starred in a B movie a few years ago called, "Eight Legged Freaks." His double in the many dirt bike riding scenes was my son-in-law, Mark. Mark will be doing the upholstery, headliner, carpet, etc. work on our car in the near future. What an interesting web of coincidence. (Eight Legged Freaks was about giant spiders)

sbca96
10-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Was it a B-movie ... or a movie made like B-movies? It was pretty entertaining.
He is also in the Scream series isnt he? Oh yah, and there is that Leno guy that
took over for Conan.

Tom

JBOYLE
10-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Mark will be doing the upholstery, headliner, carpet, etc. work on our car in the near future. What an interesting web of coincidence.

Please let us know how it goes and whether it wil be stock...BTW what kind of Avanti is it..Stude, II, or later?

paintim613
10-19-2010, 08:26 AM
While the exterior of the car has been radically changed, we have decided to keep the interior stock or as close to stock as we can. The dash and radio are '53 correct while the steering wheel is a 3 spoke which may be '54 correct, not '53. We have not decided whether to go with the original look gray upholstery/door panels or to switch to red leather(vinyl) which was a '53 option. Fortunately we have good pictures to use as a guide.

JBOYLE
10-19-2010, 12:08 PM
While the exterior of the car has been radically changed, we have decided to keep the interior stock or as close to stock as we can. The dash and radio are '53 correct while the steering wheel is a 3 spoke which may be '54 correct, not '53. We have not decided whether to go with the original look gray upholstery/door panels or to switch to red leather(vinyl) which was a '53 option. Fortunately we have good pictures to use as a guide.

I thought the car was an Avanti?

paintim613
10-19-2010, 04:43 PM
David Arquette's car is an Avanti. As stated in my signature, mine is a custom '53.

Deaf Mute
10-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Jay Leno, as far as I can ascertain does not have any Studebakers. I understand that he got “signed up” by a chapter in California without their contacting him.

tutone63
10-19-2010, 07:27 PM
David Arquette, the movie actor, mentioned incompletely above starred in a B movie a few years ago called, "Eight Legged Freaks." His double in the many dirt bike riding scenes was my son-in-law, Mark. Mark will be doing the upholstery, headliner, carpet, etc. work on our car in the near future. What an interesting web of coincidence. (Eight Legged Freaks was about giant spiders)

I love that movie!

Chris Pile
10-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Jay Leno, as far as I can ascertain does not have any Studebakers. I understand that he got “signed up” by a chapter in California without their contacting him.

He recently purchased an Avanti. There is a thread somewhere on here that discusses his joining the club.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?28292-SDC-New-Member&highlight=leno

Werdegast
10-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Jay lives at 1151 Tower Road, Beverly Hills.
I passed his house on the way to research a home not far from him on Tower Grove Drive.