PDA

View Full Version : Reedsville or York???

kg.works
10-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi
I have a chance to go to Reedsville next month. It's unlikely that I will get to go to either Reedsville or York a second time. So I'd like to hear which event would be the best to attend. Should I go to Reedsville or wait until York comes around in March (I believe.)
Graham

Bo Markham
10-18-2010, 06:55 PM
York is the better meet. I'm planning on attending.

DEEPNHOCK
10-18-2010, 06:55 PM
York is a bigger swap meet.

Hi
I have a chance to go to Reedsville next month. It's unlikely that I will get to go to either Reedsville or York a second time. So I'd like to hear which event would be the best to attend. Should I go to Reedsville or wait until York comes around in March (I believe.)
Graham

2R5
10-18-2010, 07:05 PM
York ....hands down !

Steve T
10-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Yep, York...much bigger, more cars, plus being in early spring it's less wistful...everyone's about to kick the season off instead of tuck the car into the barn...Reedsville's fun too, don't get me wrong, but if it has to be either/or, it's York.

S.

bondobilly
10-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Less vendors at Reedsville, but prices are much lower, as vendors are trying to unload their goodies as it is the "end of the old car season". York, prices are higher as the project cars are coming out of hibernation to be worked on.

Steve T
10-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Bill--

Good point, hadn't thought of that. I guess it partially depends on whether one is going to the meet for the experience and to see cars, or more to track down specific parts...Myself, I'd be doing the former more than the latter so would go with York...

S.

Skip Lackie
10-19-2010, 01:25 PM
One other point to consider if you're thinking of bringing a wife or significant other. York is a small, historic city with a number of other things to do and see. Most years, there's a big flower/home show right at the same fairgrounds as the Stude meet -- just the ticket after a winter of shoveling snow. And there's a historic downtown with shopping, restaurants, etc. And it's close to Gettysburg and Lancaster.

Reedsville is basically a small town on a highway that people use to get between Harrisburg and State College. Couple of motels and places to eat -- and that's about it. But the fellowship's good at both meets.

10-19-2010, 01:57 PM
One other point to consider if you're thinking of bringing a wife or significant other. York is a small, historic city with a number of other things to do and see. Most years, there's a big flower/home show right at the same fairgrounds as the Stude meet -- just the ticket after a winter of shoveling snow. And there's a historic downtown with shopping, restaurants, etc. And it's close to Gettysburg and Lancaster.

Reedsville is basically a small town on a highway that people use to get between Harrisburg and State College. Couple of motels and places to eat -- and that's about it. But the fellowship's good at both meets.
Not to mention that it is usually, cold, muddy or dusty and the restrooms are crummy/nasty (wife consideration). My wife won't even go to Reedsville for the day with me.
Unfortunately the craft show at York Fairgrounds is moving to Hershey in 2011. I don't know whether that will affect the flower show or not. but that, too, will be a big wife consideration.

studegary
10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
I attended both for many years. Reedsville is nasty (I remember one year when you couldn't use the rest rooms at all.), but IMO the best for buying parts. IMO, York is best for buying cars and socializing. Don't get me wrong. I have enjoyed both and purchased parts and cars at both. The only things that I sold at either were items that were prearranged and just delivered to those sites. Both are better if you re not coming from the north. One is too late in the season and the other is too early (weather wise).

Bob Andrews
10-19-2010, 06:29 PM
One thing no one has mentioned about Reedsville yet is the party at Max Corkins' shop. His band plays music and you can look around the 2-story shop. Always a good time!http://serve.mysmiley.net/party/party0007.gif Hope that's still going on this year...

Maybe this year I can figure out how to get that Lark neon sign down from it's high perch and smuggle it out. Anyone want to create a diversion? I bet a fake seizure would do it.....

rockne10
10-19-2010, 08:48 PM
I always enjoy both, knowing beforehand the building at Reedsville is not heated, the one at York is. Either can be a crap shoot for weather.

kg.works
10-20-2010, 07:44 AM
My thanks to everyone for all the good information. I guess it will be York even if the prices are a bit higher. Heated vending sounds good and we'll be looking at the Studes for sale for sure.

2R5
10-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Also , don't forget the Studebaker Truck Farmers always have a sat night dinner at York...getting to be a big crowd at that ...you don't need to be a truck owner to go either ....always a good time !

blacklarkviii
10-23-2010, 12:11 AM
What are the dates on Reedsville this year?

55champion
10-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Nov. 19-20, I am going for the first time.

Jerry Forrester
10-23-2010, 03:53 AM
Nov. 19-20, I am going for the first time.
Reedsville,
I am going to wait until about the 15th, then I'll count my pocket change and look at the weather forcast and then make up my mind to go or not.

Then do the same thing for York. Wait 'til the week of the meet to decide. Then again the same for SB.