1954 big truck going to the crusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 big truck going to the crusher

Hope someone in the midwest can save this one. Supposedly a rust-free cab. Looks like more than $400 worth of parts. ebay number 190457435394
    Skip Lackie

Saw that; Laddonia, MO. Also has a 50 4dr. Also it says ONE DAY Sale, the the crusher Monday. Call him TODAY if you can save 'em!

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/sgtnorri...=1&_from=&_ipg=
    Last edited by Bob Andrews; 10-17-2010, 07:00 AM.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Agreed.
      Buy it, stash it until the IM... Then part it out for 10x the money...

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
      Hope someone in the midwest can save this one. Supposedly a rust-free cab. Looks like more than $400 worth of parts. ebay number 190457435394
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have news for him, that is a lot heavier than a 1 Ton! Looks like an E40 which came with a 232 V-8, more like 2-5 Ton, check out that Timkin Axle!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks like a good grille panel on it. Would it kill him to pull that off before sending it away?
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

It has a 2sp rear end too.

Gordon

Comment

Well, the "one day" auction ended with no bids. However, it is relisted for another "one day ONLY"...
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                I have news for him, that is a lot heavier than a 1 Ton! Looks like an E40 which came with a 232 V-8, more like 2-5 Ton, check out that Timkin Axle!
                Yeah, it's a 3R28 or (more likely) 3R38. Like Jeff said, it's worth several times the $400 parted out. Rust-free cabs are going for $500-800 back here in the East. Instrument cluster: $100, gas tank: $100, front fenders: $250 apiece, etc. The seller really should have listed it for a week or so. Some of us don't check ebay that frequently.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

will these doors fit a half ton truck? thanks, ron

Comment

Yes. The entire cab and all of its components will fit. The doors are the same 49-59 and to 64 on big trucks. The hoods will interchange, but are different 49-55 and 56-64. Fenders will interchange, but bigger trucks have bigger wheel openings. 49-53 had two piece windshield, 54-64 had same one-piece windshield. 49-54 had small back window, 55-64 had larger back window. 54-55 had same grille.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Yes, all "C" Cab Doors from 1949 to 1964 are the same.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                      X