The Rockville Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rockville Show

I want to thank all the Potomac Chapter Studebaker members for making the show very entertaining for me and my daughter. The Studebakers were great and at home among all the antique cars and trucks. i only get to see the membership at The Sully Show and this one. I will try to get together with the club on some of the tours. Thanks again for agreat "Studebaker day"
    Studebakers forever!

Great show there today...besides my Avanti, Skip Lackie had his...the last 4-speed Avanti built, plus R4130, the prototype '64 Avanti and once owned by Sherwood Egbert, complete with R3 engine. There was about a dozen Studebalers and Avanti's there today, plus a magnificent collections of Packards...from one of my all-time favorite automobiles, a '55 (maybe '56) Caribbean convertible, a dual cowl phaeton, and many more. If you like Rolls-Royces, they were there...if you like Ferrari's, they were there. The same goes for Jaguars, Lamborghini's, Alpha's, T-Birds, Caddies and Lincolns...you name it. A really great show.
    Attached Files
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

A few more pics from the show...
      Attached Files
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Coupla additional thoughts: Whenever the weather's nice, the Rockville show draws a few really notable cars. Included in this year's catch was a 1931 Auburn Speedster (a real one!), a ~30ish Franklin, a late 20s Stearns-Knight, and a beast of a 1962 GMC poliice armored truck from the Rome, Georgia police department (complete with three real bullet holes). A wealthy gentlemen from Baltimore brought down three exquisitely restored early 30s classics: a Cadillac V-16, Cadillac V-8, and Packard V-12.

BTW, the R-3 engine pictured above was in Joe Alouise's Avanti, supposedly once owned by Sherwood Egbert.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Something unusual was the three Packard Hearses, still in semi-regular use by the funeral home...
          Attached Files

Comment

Some vandal put blocks of wood under the wheels of all those Studes

Comment

Looks like a very good show. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
              X