Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Black Bart Special; I've really, finally started to put it in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Black Bart Special; I've really, finally started to put it in!

After finally getting my fuel and ignition problems sorted out, I've FINALLY begun to install the Black Bart Special OHV 185 into the Champ

The old engine is on the floor, the trans is on the bench for a rebuild, tomorrow I start cleaning up under the hood and cleaning all of the small parts.

Stay tuned! ( I hope the carb and dizzy do ;-0)
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Good for you Ron!! Keep us posted.
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

What Jamie said...and when it is done...I wanna ride!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Good for you Ron

I think that we have been talking about the Ohv 185 engine for years and you got yours done and you are on your way

If I had a spare, I would send you one of these dual AS manifolds. two carb, double the fun ( and headaches

Jeff T.
        \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
        The Replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff T. View Post
          Good for you Ron

I think that we have been talking about the Ohv 185 engine for years and you got yours done and you are on your way

If I had a spare, I would send you one of these dual AS manifolds. two carb, double the fun ( and headaches

Jeff T.
          Well, you've seen how this has gone....5-6 years to build it (maybe more), numerous headaches in the meantime unrelated to this engine (or cars in general) . I've got lots of small parts to clean and repaint, clean-up under the hood, and a trans to rebuild....even though it should only take a week or so, my history indicates it might be fninished by Spring...(Spring? of what year?) ;-)
          Ron Dame
          '63 Champ

Comment

Oh, I understand

When I was young and single, I wondered whay it took some fellows 10 years or more to build a car. Now that I'm married with family I understand

You never know when something important will break or when a family member catches the flu (or worse), life just happens and the fun stuff goes on the shelf for the duration

Jeff T.
            \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
            The Replacements.

Comment

Working...
            X