Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of 'rare' (a '57 President 2 door)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of 'rare' (a '57 President 2 door)

I just found this 'by accident' while looking for another 'money pit' I know of in the area~

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1999292467.html

I'm too scared to contact the seller for fear an offer I can't refuse might be made...
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Didn't know there were any 2dr Presidents !
    Think you should go get it Dave !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

There sure were 1957 President 2-doors; one of them was THE Studebaker most dear to my heart as our family second car when I got my drivers license in 1962. Coppertone with white roof and side insert. 4-barrel, duals, Flightomatic, no radio.

'Twas a sad day when I came home from school one day and Dad had sold it. But it was never "my" car in a legal sense, although I drove it more than anyone else, so I couldn't be too upset when Dad sold it and I was only 17 years old.

'Sure did like it, though, and it would beat most of its contemporaries with the pedal-to-the-floor downshift to first gear from a standing start. Sigh....BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi Dave

Money pit for sure, but oh so rare........if it's not totally structurally rust ruined, save it!

Steve

Comment

My first Stude was a nice, rock-solid 57 Pres 2 dr which I sold in '86 so I could buy a house. I would love to have it back, but what I'd REALLY like would be a 56 pres 2 dr. or a 58 hardtop

Comment

There is 56 2-dr (I think) on craigslist not far from me. Here is the listing: http://burlington.craigslist.org/atq/2000489646.html . If anyone is interested I can check it out.
            Last edited by dpson; 10-11-2010, 11:57 PM.
            Dan Peterson
            Montpelier, VT
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
              There is 56 2-dr (I think) on craigslist not far from me. Here is the listing: http://burlington.craigslist.org/atq/2000489646.html . If anyone is interested I can check it out.
              Yes, Dan; that is a '56.

That's a twin to the 1956 President 2-door our Advisor Dwain Grindinger's parents had, and which Dwain drove as a newly-minted teen-age driver. Dwain and I share fond memories of 1956/1957 F-bodied Presidents.

(Dwain; you need that '56!) BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                That's a twin to the 1956 President 2-door our Advisor Dwain Grindinger's parents had, and which Dwain drove as a newly-minted teen-age driver. Dwain and I share fond memories of 1956/1957 F-bodied Presidents.
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't George Krem also own a '57 President 2-door at the time of your summer adventures to South Bend?

Craig

Comment

I like that one. "Ran 10 or 50 years ago..."

Originally posted by dpson View Post

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't George Krem also own a '57 President 2-door at the time of your summer adventures to South Bend?

Craig
                    You'll stand corrected, Craig: George or his father never had a 1957 President 2-door in the family. The references you may have read in regard to our South Bend adventures involving a 1957 President 2-door would have involved the President 2-door our family owned, that I discussed above. George rode it in many times.

George did own a 1958 Commander hardtop, 2-tone grey with overdrive, that we took on some South Bend adventures. BP

Comment

I had no idea those were so rare!

Comment

Man, you ought to do it. It would look at home with the station wagon.

Comment

You'll stand corrected, Craig: George or his father never had a 1957 President 2-door in the family. The references you may have read in regard to our South Bend adventures involving a 1957 President 2-door would have involved the President 2-door our family owned, that I discussed above. George rode it in many times.
                          Thanks, Bob. THAT'S the one I was thinking of! Now I see why you have fond memories of it~serving as your "camper" on your trips to South Bend.

Craig

Comment

George did own a 1958 Commander hardtop, 2-tone grey with overdrive, that we took on some South Bend adventures. BP
                            Are there any pictures around of that 58 Commander hardtop?

Comment

damn...that is fugly !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X