Lark bumpers need the details (pic's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark bumpers need the details (pic's)

I'd like to use a Studebaker bumper that is straight across with no dips like the 61 lark bumper.
    (no dip in the license plate area when mounted on the rear)

What I'm not knowledgable on,.. will the 60 or 59 rear bumper fit, and accomplish this?
    straight accross the top, but retain the license plate area (is there such a bumper??)

The 61 rear valance is not of concern, since it mounts on the mounts.

Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 10-10-2010, 07:49 AM.
    61 Lark

sigpic

My '63 has that dip you were describing. That won't do.

Comment

64 - 66 were straight on top and indented for the license plate mounting. I also have a earlier 60's model front bumper currently on my 64 Daytona that I know isn't correct for 64 by the shape of the ends wrapping around. I've already got the correct 64 style for mine. If your interested Kevin, I can send you a pic of it as it is still mounted on the car sitting in my daughter's garage waiting it's turn to be worked on. I'm local to you here in the KC area. Send me a PM so I can get your email to send a pic as I don't have them on any hosting site, just on my computer.
      \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
      \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Hi Kevin. Here are some pictures. See if this is what you had in mind. There is a possibility that I might have some of these bumpers. Dusty
        Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Comment

60 bumper it is.

Yep

Guy's that's the one I'm thinking of. I'll send out some PM's, I've got some head scratching for the exhaust exit, the out the side infront of the rear wheel well is out for this low rider, frames in that area, and going through the frame puts it too far into the passenger window area for power windows to operate. And the exhaust exit needs to look "cool"

Then the bright idea of matching the fog lights location in the front to mimic the exhaust exiting the rear. BUT the darn gas tank and cross member are there.

On to Plan A subset III Maybe through the bumper itself. Or subset IV, a little "new" Dodge Ram PU bumper treatment.
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Hi Kevin. I like the idea of the exhaust deal, like on the Dodge pickup. I think if you went through the center of the bumper itself, that you will have to get into the body and the trunk area. The front end, I'll PM you about that. Glad you like Brian's car. It will probably be tomorrow before I PM you about the front end. Dusty

Dusty Taylor

Comment

The only issue you may have Kevin is the '61 rear panel has that dip down to fit the bumper that would look wrong with the straight rear bumper.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                The only issue you may have Kevin is the '61 rear panel has that dip down to fit the bumper that would look wrong with the straight rear bumper.

Rich are you saying that a 60 bumper wont follow the Red dotted line on a 61 rear panel?
                I thought they the were same panel? Don't want to waste $$ getting the wrong thing
                I'm not worried about the green dotted line that a 61 bumper exposes, I want it hidden
                Straight across is the name of the game here.

Now if your thinking of the front grille panel, then YES the dip that the 61 bumper takes is necessary to clear the mesh grille.

And Dusty your right, through the bumper looks odd the more I look at it,
                Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 10-10-2010, 07:46 AM.
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X