Ophan prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ophan prices

If you think Studebaker are under valued, how about this $5300 Rambler Rebel convert that showed up at my house today t0 buy seat covers. (ebay purchase)
    JDP Maryland

Wow! I am not an AMC fan, partly based on my father-in-law's experiences with new purchases of them. Seeing this car at that price, I guess that most people see them as I do, but it only takes two to make an auction. I would have guessed it at $7500-$9500. Maybe the low end since it obviously needs interior. I think that the dearth of parts is part of the value problem.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well, it is a 1967. A 1968, last year of AMC convertible production (forget the Alliance), would bring more money.

Still, a bargain of "collectible driving" at $5,300. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        Wow! I am not an AMC fan, partly based on my father-in-law's experiences with new purchases of them. Seeing this car at that price, I guess that most people see them as I do, but it only takes two to make an auction. I would have guessed it at $7500-$9500. Maybe the low end since it obviously needs interior. I think that the dearth of parts is part of the value problem.
        Actually, I would have just vinyl dyed it, it's very nice.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

I think $5300 for a convertible anything is a pretty darn good deal.

Comment

Besides being a convertible, those late '60s AMCs were really great cars. I owned the coupe version of that with the 290" V8 and it was a great driving car. The true unibody made it the stiffest platform of anything of its' day. By comparision, the big three were flexi-flyers.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

......Orphans

I love orphans, heres my other one....... a '77 with 51,000 original miles

cheers
              Ian
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm with you, I would not change that interior. I also would have been sorely tempted had someone pointed out that car to me at that price. Like I need another car.

nate
                --
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I think that the dearth of parts is part of the value problem.[/QUOTE]

I think that is why I let my Javelin go. Parts were getting harder to find and the prices were crazy.
                  Jamie McLeod
                  Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                  1958 Commander "Christine"
                  1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                  1955 Commander Sedan
                  1964 Champ
                  1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by stuuder View Post
                    I love orphans, heres my other one....... a '77 with 51,000 original miles

cheers
                    Ian
                    Ian
                    Didn't we agree that you were not to mention the Pacer anymore?
                    Brian
                    Brian Woods
                    woodysrods@shaw.ca
                    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Looks like the fella got a great deal. How long do you think until prices start increasing on collector cars?
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

This convertible went for $ 20,000. I guess this is what some folks think all of us should be driving. You are right, it only takes two to make a deal. Even a bad one.

Car was bought by some rich old gal, to drive around her mountain retreat.

Comment

How long do you think until prices start increasing on collector cars?
                          It depends. Prices on the hyped high-dollar collector cars (Ferrari GTOs, Hemi Cuda convertibles) peaked about two years ago. Like home prices, they were artificially inflated by cheap credit, the nouveau riche guys and the Barrett-Jackson syndromes. The Hemmings publications (Collector Car, Muscle Car, Sports and Exotic Car) give auction reports each month. For the past two years, most cars for which there is an auction history have been down 30% and more.

Just as houses prices in Spokane, WA never inflated as high as in many metro areas of CA, FL, AZ, NV, they haven't crashed as deeply. Studebakers have never had any real value in the collector market, thus they haven't fallen as much either. Since they've never gone up, it is probably safe to say they'll never go up substantially faster than inflation. Your results may vary.

jack vines
                          PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                            Besides being a convertible, those late '60s AMCs were really great cars. I owned the coupe version of that with the 290" V8 and it was a great driving car. The true unibody made it the stiffest platform of anything of its' day. By comparision, the big three were flexi-flyers.

jack vines
                            In the late-1960s, I purchased and drove many miles in Plymouth and Dodge cars. I remember them as being unibody. Is my memory slipping (or yours) <G>?
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              In the late-1960s, I purchased and drove many miles in Plymouth and Dodge cars. I remember them as being unibody. Is my memory slipping (or yours) <G>?
                              Im thinking Jack opinion of the Big 3 Unibody cars were not as rigid as the AMC as for him to call them flex-flyers. Thats my take on it.
                              Tom
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X