55 Regal Trim Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Regal Trim Holes

Attached is a picture of one of the doors I plan to use on my "C" body. I have a set of 55 Regal stainless to install. Does anyone recognize the hole pattern of the trim holes on this door? Are the holes for a 55 with stainless or the holes from a 53, 54 or 56 with pot metal?

Jon Kammer
    Attached Files

Don't know what the holes should look like on the '55. Those appear the same as my '53 with pot metal regal molding.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The difference in holes/mounting is dependant on the style of mounts for the trim. The holes appear to be for the type of clips that secure the moulding that has the circular tabs on the back. In short, the mounting system on the back of the moulding dictates the type of clip. Determine the type of clip that you need for the mouldings that you are going to be using and then proceed by using these holes or filling them and making new holes. This is all from memory. If you refer to the parts book it should be clearer.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

No pictures, but my '55 sedan had screws holding the trim on. There were sliders inside the molding (some available from SI) that the screws screwed into.

Comment

I suspected that these doors were not 55. I have some of the door top clips in one piece and they don't seem to match the holes in the door. I guess I'll round up all the clips and rework the holes as required. Does SI have a parts book that would verify the part numbers? If so exactly what parts book would it be that I ask for? Thanks for the help.

Jon Kammer

Comment

Working...
          X