Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magazine makes faux-pas of cool Stude Wagonaire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine makes faux-pas of cool Stude Wagonaire.

sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

There are Canadian Car Mags? What one would that be?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I think Paul is a regular at the may swap in So Bend and drives a great distance to get there. He is a great guy and since we both have black primered wagons we have something in common. I think his jambs are a light green so it seems he has a color in mind,but for now it looks Cool as is ! Ed

Comment

It would be great if you could post a photo of both cars 'cause black suede is cool...is that possible? BTW StudeRich, the magazine was Canadian Hot Rods Volume 5, Issue 6. Usually it's a pretty good mag for the Canadian rod scene, but they dropped the ball this time...oh well, I don't feel too bad as IIRC, either Hot Rod, or Hot Rod Deluxe made the same mistake ID'ing a Lark as a Rambler not too long ago... Speaking about HRD, the Nov. issue has 2 photos of Stude's in it, one a drifting Avanti from the mid-60's, the other of faded signage on a Stude diesel truck door. Cheers,Junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Is this the one? I have seen this twice at South Bend and once at Summit. The guy gets around!

--george
          1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

As a Wagonaire owner, I would be heartily offended if someone claimed it was a Rambler.
            I keep telling folks South Bend and Kenosha are NOT the same place.
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by ClaymoreWW View Post
              Is this the one?
              Yes, I believe it is, the photo on my phone the car looks lower, but I'm sure its the same one....I mean how many primered 63 Rambler Wagonaire Daytonas from Ontario are there?? Thanks for the photo...cool indeed. Junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Doesn't Canada require amber parking lights on 1963 model, and newer, vehicles as the USA does? Perhaps he is using 1962 lenses with amber bulbs.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is indeed Paul's Wag...never noticed the white parking lights before (well, owning a '62 I wouldn't, would I). I do know the headlight bezels are 1961 style because Paul likes the fancier fluted surface; and the horn button is 1958, with the turquoise/mint green bit on one side, which happens to go perfectly with the car's green interior metalwork.

Stay tuned for more pix of this neat Wag.

S.

Comment

The Wag passes a bigrig in dire weather en route to the '09 Crossroads ZM...

On an offramp with a '63 Avanti in pursuit...

More to come.

S.

Comment

Paul Cronkwright (left) and Barry Leppan (right--"studee64" on the forum), past and current SDC Hamilton presidents, at SB with Paul's Wagonaire, May 2009.

Stay tuned for more of the Wag.

S.

Comment

The Wag at the '09 Grimsby Museum show; by this time it had the louvered hood installed.

S.

Comment

Wag gets underway from Fleetwood (Steve Plunkett) Estate at the end of the day, Country Cruize-in 2010, Stude Canada centennial celebration.

S.

Comment

Working...
                          X