No announcement yet.

Anyone going to Hershey (with photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Hershey and Carlisle and always love to go, but the biggest week of the year in my racing is next week. Haven't missed that for 30+ years. I'm no longer turning laps on the NYS Fairgrounds, nowadays I'm helping younger guys try to conquer the 'Moody Mile'. If (God forbid) Super Dirt Week ever ceases to exist, you can be sure I'll head to Hershey!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I often go, and would this year, but my friend who allows me bunk space in his motorhome is going out early in the week and leaving before the show Sat., and I didn't want to miss the show and also miss more work than usual. I'm depressed about it!

It is worth seeing. A friend who accompanied me once there said "It's the Woodstock of Old Cars!" and I think that's an accurate description.

I do hope it dries out, out there by next week. I worked in Harrisburg this past week and it was heavy rain, HEAVY rain, late in the week. I drove by Carlisle Fairgrounds on the turnpike and all I could think about was how miserable it had to be for the folks at Carlisle this year.
      Last edited by Bill Pressler; 10-02-2010, 03:59 AM.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Hi
        "....Anticipation, it's keepin' me waitin'...." With visions of pre-war, custom-bodied Classics (and Studebakers) dancing in my head! We'll be there Thursday through Saturday, maybe even late Wednesday.......can't wait!

Steve

Comment

"....Anticipation, it's keepin' me waitin'...."

BTW, I've loved Carly Simon (well, her music) for something like 35 years by now.
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

I just returned from Carlisle; we had 4+inches of rain Thursday but dry and fun Friday. I'll be at Hershey for three days next week as I have been for 20 years. There are very few things that make living in Upstate NY worth while lately but the proximity to the Hershey fall show is one of them. The most fun you can have with your pants on. If you have the opportunity to go, don't miss it.

Murray
            Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Some items from last years event. There was a lot more from this non-Studebaker vendor that I bought. This is part of what I left behind.
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I'll be there on a motorcycle. Hope to see some of you guys there.
                Klif
                55 Speedster/Street Machine
                63 Avanti R2
                64 Convertible R1

Comment

I would sure like to be there. Just didn't work out for this year. I need to talk to you when you get home from Hershey Dick.

Denny L

Comment

I live in Ronks, Lancaster County, 45 minutes away from Hershey and 60 minutes from Carlisle...while I try to make them, work always seems to get in the way...I am grateful that Reedsville and York are fairly close as well...
                    If I can get over there, I will stop by...

Comment

I have been to Carlisle and Hershey and don't know if I could do them justice now. I last went to Hershey in a motorhome and stayed on the grounds. I was there from Tuesday through Saturday. I walked from sunrise to sunset every day and still believe that I missed something.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'll be at Hershey Friday and Saturday. I registered my '56 President Classic in the DPC class, but will not be driving it there due to extremely untimely tread separation on the 20 year old Firestone WWW radials that manifested itself last week. Friday I'll be trying to score a set of WWW radials and Saturday will be hanging out with a buddy who's showing his '57 Rambler Rebel for the first time (327 with Hydra-Matic).

Frank

Comment

Working...
                        X