What color/finish should this have.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color/finish should this have.

These parts that go around the rear window on the inside of my Power Hawk are currently finished in a nice shade of rust. I want to get them cleaned up and ready to go back in the car this weekend, but I'm not sure what the correct finish should be. The same part around the front window is painted black, but these look like they were just bare metal. I'm thinking of painting them black as well, since I don't think they will clean up all that well, but if they are supposed to be silver"ish" in color I might be able to find somthing along those lines as well.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by stevo5671 View Post
    These parts that go around the rear window on the inside of my Power Hawk are currently finished in a nice shade of rust. I want to get them cleaned up and ready to go back in the car this weekend, but I'm not sure what the correct finish should be. The same part around the front window is painted black, but these look like they were just bare metal. I'm thinking of painting them black as well, since I don't think they will clean up all that well, but if they are supposed to be silver"ish" in color I might be able to find somthing along those lines as well.
    Per Studebaker's PAINT INFORMATION P-5600, sheet 5 of 18, dated 8-15-55:

"To be painted with low gloss black mldg. enamel #1025 symbol BAZ"

Comment

Working...
    X