No announcement yet.

Studebaker drive to the Hudson museum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker drive to the Hudson museum!

Does anybody want to go for a drive tomorrow? Tomorrow morning the Michiana chapter SDC (myself included) will be driving our cars from Mishawaka to the Hudson museum in Shipshewana. We will be meeting at the Meijer store on 331 S. in Mishawaka at 10:30am South Bend time. You do not have to be in a Studebaker to attend. The Hudson museums address is 760 S. Van Buren St. in Shipshewana. This should be a fun day and I hope to see some of you there.
    Chris Dresbach

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
    Does anybody want to go for a drive tomorrow? Tomorrow morning the Michiana chapter SDC (myself included) will be driving our cars from Mishawaka to the Hudson museum in Shipshewana. We will be meeting at the Meijer store on 331 S. in Mishawaka at 10:30am South Bend time. You do not have to be in a Studebaker to attend. The Hudson museums address is 760 S. Van Buren St. in Shipshewana. This should be a fun day and I hope to see some of you there.
    Thanks for asking, yes, we would like to attend!!!

Believe tomorrow would mark the second time the two youngest members of a revitalized SDC Michiana Chapter have attended the same SDC event!

Here is a pic. of their meeting at the first event:

Comment

Chris, why you standing so far away from her? She's purdy!
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Purdy and into Studebakers too ! What a find !

Comment

Originally posted by fstst56 View Post
          Purdy and into Studebakers too !<<<
          FIRST generation STUDEBAKER enthusiast; the other a SIXTH generation STUDEBAKER enthusiast.

Guess which one is which!!!

Comment

I believe that Xtopher (Chris) is the first in his family to be a Studebaker driver. Jim, are you trying to set your grand daughter up with Chris?
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
              I believe that Xtopher (Chris) is the first in his family to be a Studebaker driver. Jim, are you trying to set your grand daughter up with Chris?
              M, the only one needing "fixing up" in that pic. is the one in the middle!!!

Comment

It's taking me a few minutes to think of something to say. I'm the first generation Studebaker guy in my family.
                I must say, I was beginning to wonder if any purdy girls my age that are into Studebakers existed! :P

Now that I'm on cloud 9......
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                  why you standing so far away from her?
                  Good question...
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Maybe Chris is just showing his respect for girls and grilles.
                    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
                      Maybe Chris is just showing his respect for girls and grilles.
                      That too.
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris: It would be appreciated if you would provide your impressions of the Hostetler Hudson Museum. I always wanted to visit it even before it was moved to moved to Shipshewana. Maybe in 2011! i have 1903 calendar advertising the Bryant-Freeby Hardware Store. My grandfather and uncle had the store in that era. Wagons and buggies were included in their inventory and I have always wondered if they sold Studebaker products being so close to the factory.

Another museum I would like to visit is the Elcar Museum in Bristol, IN. It also has pedal cars and presently is open by appointment.
                        "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Would love to see pictures of the tour and museum. Anyone have any?
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

The museum was great! I really enjoyed visiting it. Almost all the cars were "early", as in early teens and twenties. They did have one of my favorite Hudsons, a '51 Hornet. What really amazed me about the museum is that it is one big private collection! The owner was even there! I didn't get his name but he was kind enough to talk about the cars. I don't have any photos of the day, but I think Jim had a camera and so did Bob Henning.

Getting there my '40 did really well too! Saturday was the first time I had ever tried to take it down the bypass. It did good with no breakdowns and an average speed of 50-55.
                            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Here are some pics of the day courtesy of Bob Henning:

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X