Another one to the Junk Yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one to the Junk Yard

Well an employee at Pep Boys told me a couple of months ago about a Lark that belonged to his wife who drove it when she was in College. It had sat behind the barn for 40 years. Well he thought that she would donate it to the Club. Well finally he called me Tuesday night to say that they wanted $100. for it. I asked when I could come and take a look at it. Mind you I have been waiting for this call for 3 months. He said Thursday morning he would call. Well he called me this morning to tell me that Turners Auto Wrecking would give him $200. for it. I still asked to see the car since he was now doubling the price. Well I went out to see the 1964 Lark turns out it was a 1962 Auto. I told him that I needed to show the pictures to David first that I would call him within the hour. I decided that I would pay him the $100. for it but I wouldn't pay double because that was our original deal. It was a matter of principle my word is my bond. I do not like to deal with people that can't keep their word. So I left that message with his wife to call me. Of coarse he didn't he approached me to begin with that he wanted to save this car then money was more important. I didn't want another project I was just going to save it to get this poor unsuspecting teenager hooked on Studes. Oh well thanks for listening. There will be another on someday.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
Working...
X