11,000 mile Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11,000 mile Lark

Looks like the real deal since it never leaked enough oil to keep the chassis from surface rusting. Glue down the corner of the dash pad, pull the plastic covers and call it down.

JDP Maryland

I saw this last night and thought the same thing. It certainly is a nice looking Lark.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

There is a fellow in the Hamilton chapter who has a 63 4dr.V/8 auto with under 10k original miles,he paid top $$ for the car but it sure is nice.Steve T may have a photo he can post..The Ebay one is nice & well priced

Comment

Can't see them clearly but the tires don't look too far from being original too. The wear and tread pattern makes them look like the original ones to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
          Looks like the real deal since it never leaked enough oil to keep the chassis from surface rusting. Glue down the corner of the dash pad, pull the plastic covers and call it down.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Looks like the gas tank leaked more than the engine. Nice little car.
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Studebaker Colors

Are all Classic Car Dealers COLOR blind, or what?

Any fool can clearly see that whitish/light Green is MINT GREEN, (I think Stude. called it Seamist) it is not Turquoise or Teal, both of which they called it.

But even worse, they think that very GREEN Interior is BLUE! What the????

Their ebay ad must be an old revived one because it says the price is a reasonable??? $9500.00, but the currrent price is a buy it now of $6250.00 and will have to go a whole lot lower before it will sell, being an Automatic Six, next to the bottom trim level, 4 Door Sedan.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Are all Classic Car Dealers COLOR blind, or what?

Any fool can clearly see that whitish/light Green is MINT GREEN, (I think Stude. called it Seamist) it is not Turquoise or Teal, both of which they called it.

But even worse, they think that very GREEN Interior is BLUE! What the????

Their ebay ad must be an old revived one because it says the price is a reasonable??? $9500.00, but the currrent price is a buy it now of $6250.00 and will have to go a whole lot lower before it will sell, being an Automatic Six, next to the bottom trim level, 4 Door Sedan.

The $9500 was the Craig's list price. Sal and I have seen it listed for a few months. IMHO, the price is now pretty resonable for a keeper. Heck, it's pretty close to being a new car.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

I bought my 57 automatic Champion because it was a nice solid car, engine and transmission rebuilt, new interior and repainted, but needing some chrome, stainless, and cosmetic work....and I happened to have almost all of the parts on hand needed to make it look very good for a driver (except for taillight bodies--but I have just lucked into one NOS one not 200 miles away from me). This is a far nicer car at about the same price, and I don't care if it is a low end automatic six with 4 doors. They can call it teal, or turquoise, or even Flamingo even if it is mint green. Heck, I'd even leave the plastic seat covers on. I'm retired, and don't have to be anywhere all that fast. BTDT. Almost new condition is a pleasure.
                Last edited by Jim B PEI; 09-30-2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

This car has been listed for well over a year on CL.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Seems all the Studes with low miles are base models

Comment

This is the cars third appearance on ebay in the past year. Originally with an $11,000 BIN, the second time around it was down to $9500. At least this time they are approaching reality. I think the 'color blind' dealer isn't familiar with Stude's, probably looked up the prices on line.

Joe
                      sigpic

1962 Daytona
                      1964 Cruiser
                      And a few others

Comment

That car is Sea Spray Green, a '63 'Spring Color'.

I kind-of like that color, although I know others differ (ahem, you "other" BP!).

Seems worth it to me...but then I don't have the space or $6,200 to throw around!
                        Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        (formerly Greenville, PA)
                        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                        All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                          Seems all the Studes with low miles are base models
                          Good observation. Must be bought just by the elderly. I think they're cool now, but hard to imagine anyone would want that combo new...

Reminds me of a friend of my Dad's who bought a brand new 1976 Grand Prix. It was V8 auto, black, poverty caps; tan vinyl bench, no a/c, manual windows, AM radio. I loved those cars, and was amazed it was possible to make one that homely! In this case, he picked out the loaded one anyone would love, but couldn't get financed. Then they said, "However, so you don't leave empty-handed, we might be able to work something out on this one..." First time I'd ever heard of that.

We had a lot of fun picking on him for that car
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Neat story Bob, that's like trying to order a '63 Corvette with a Blue Flame Six!! Lol! But at least in this case, it actually happened!
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bob, in our town, the '60's Studes did tend to have been bought new by old folks. A visit to the SNM archives looking at all the new ones sold by our hometown dealer proved my memory to be pretty correct about this as I remembered a number of the people whose names I saw on the retail sale cards there. Also, my buddy's '64 GT was bought new in CA by a fellow whose retail sale card listed "Retired" as occupation. Some research on ancestry.com when I got home showed the guy was born in 1892!
                              Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              (formerly Greenville, PA)
                              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                              All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                              X