Spot the 66 Cruiser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot the 66 Cruiser?

As my 64 Commander project awakens from its 6 year slumber there will be a couple other cars giving of themselves so others may live in the case of this 66 Cruiser, Tho very little parts survived I was able to pulled off quite a bit. The Midwest was very hard on this one, the doors just about fell off when you opened them. Even the hood was rusted out. The beginning picture of the car and the trailor holds the remains.

Tom
    sigpic

Looks like that cradle should bolt right in to a modern rice burner.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Can you share the vin number & body tag info from the car. I'd like to add it to the '66 registry I'm working on.
      thanks,
      Mike Sal

Comment

interesting trailer. Wouldn't mind having one of those. Shame about the '66. Nice though, that it wasn't a complete waste. Interesting motor for it though. I thought all Cruisers had 4bbl carbs. Interesting...
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

actually there were no 4bbl carbs available in 65 and 66
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
            actually there were no 4bbl carbs available in 65 and 66
            Yes it was a shame they didnt put 4bbls on the McKinnons and 4-speeds. The trailor I built to haul away scrape from the bodyshop

Tom
            sigpic

Comment

The 66 tag numbers were C534194 and V-Y9 8032 I keep all tags and plate IDs for future possibilitys

Tom
              sigpic

Comment

Tom, I had you logged in as having a 66 with vin# C534193. Was that a typo of on my part, or did you have 2 parts cars one digit apart?

What was the original color of this car?
                thanks,
                Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
                  Tom, I had you logged in as having a 66 with vin# C534193. Was that a typo of on my part, or did you have 2 parts cars one digit apart?

What was the original color of this car?
                  thanks,
                  Mike Sal

Sorry Mike you are correct, and I do have another Cruiser that is a 64 that will be donating parts to my current project but dont have the vin # in front of me on that one.

Tom
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, hate to see another one go, but they just are not all savable, even when one wants to. I cut up a 62 Daytona Skytop a couple years back, but only after trying to think of any way to justify fixing it. Ultimately it would have needed floors, trunk floor, inner quarters, body mounts, frame, cowl, engine, interior, and doors Like you I saved a lot from that car, including the entire roof which will someday see life on a solid CO body shell I have.

Thanks for the pictures, never can have too many
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                    X