Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build to suit new owner. How would you order your new 63 Daytona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build to suit new owner. How would you order your new 63 Daytona?

No luck selling a 63 4 speed Daytona locally. It is clean, solid, low miles but needs assembly. (resto started)

It is gold with red/red interior. I could leave the colors alone, but change the colors if wanted. It was ordered for dealer stock with 259/4 speed, and not much else. I have all of the parts to build it as if you were ordering it brand new.

How would you like it if you could just order it up, like new??? I'm building it for sale on Ebay.

Fun question!

Like it or not, for resale, red is always your best bet. Go for engine dress-up stuff, especially a 4-barrel, or the ultimate, a Supercharger. Also dual exhausts with a nce note, but NOT too loud. Nice rims like Cragar S/Ss or Torq-thrusts, but include a set of stock wheels and covers. Red and white seats, red carpet; or black and white/black carpet. Make sure all chrome and stainless really shines.

Here's a 62, my dream Lark:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9039.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1663560

And, a few others:

Name:	LarkInt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1663561

Name:	100_0909.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1663562

Name:	Lark63Red.jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1663564

Name:	F R2 L sidelrg.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1663563

You want to sell a Lark, IMO this is the way to go.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

1963 Daytona's are one of my favorites! I would like the original all red interior and would like the exterior black, as the black paint would greatly contrast with the bright trim and the red interior.

This beauty belongs to Mr. & Mrs. French of the South Georgia Chapter. Looks like 1962 wheel covers, but otherwise it looks like my dream car.
      Last edited by Milaca; 09-29-2010, 06:28 PM.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

With front and rear clips and the roof from a '64.

Sorry. I know this doesn't help. But you asked.

(;-{)}

Comment

Ermine White exterior with a red interior; white seat inserts. V8 with a 4 speed. Completely stock inside and out. Those were the plans for my old '63 hardtop before reality set in. Maybe if I become rich I'll have it done anyway, and I'd make it a Skytop. <grin>

Originally posted by Milaca View Post

This beauty belongs to Mr. & Mrs. French of the South Georgia Chapter. Looks like 1962 wheel covers, but otherwise it looks like my dream car.
          Curtis' car is being restored, but I think that's been posted before. I'm finishing up the stainless now and I think the paint (black) is done. Time for assembly! Should turn out to make a nice car.
          Last edited by mbstude; 09-29-2010, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Ermine White exterior with a red interior; white seat inserts. V8 with a 4 speed. Completely stock inside and out. Those were the plans for my old '63 hardtop before reality set in. Maybe if I become rich I'll have it done anyway, and I'd make it a Skytop. <grin>

Matthew, I agree about the white inserts. I wish mine had them instead of solid red. I also wish it had a blower instead of A/C, and wish it had bucket seats.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Power Steering is a big plus. White w/red would be my color choice.
              Jim Bradley
              Lake Monticello, VA
              '78 Avanti II
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post

Matthew, I agree about the white inserts. I wish mine had them instead of solid red. I also wish it had a blower instead of A/C, and wish it had bucket seats.
                Originally posted by mbstude View Post

Curtis' car is being restored, but I think that's been posted before. I'm finishing up the stainless now and I think the paint (black) is done. Time for assembly! Should turn out to make a nice car.
                Sorry to disagree with you two guys on the paint choice. The big attracter for me in the '63 Daytona model is the butter knife. I find that Ermine White washes the butter knife away whereas Red and Black make the butter knife POP. Red interior with white inserts is the way to go.

Put an R1 engine in it, sell it to me and forget about Ebay.

Allen
                1964 GT Hawk
                PSMCDR 2014
                Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                PSMCDR 2013
                Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

If it's a Daytona hardtop,an R2 4speed with air cond and power steer would be nice ( Heh heh!). I'll let you think about that one....
                  If it's a convert,then don't worry about the air cond!
                  Heck! I'd be happy,no matter what it is. Should be nice when done though. Please post some pics as it comes along.
                  A.C.Moisley

Comment

I would want it to appear stock. I would like either a black or red exterior. I would like either A/C or an R2. It should be a Skytop.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I would avoid black for resale. Shows flaws too easily.
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
                        How would you like it if you could just order it up, like new??? I'm building it for sale on Ebay.
                        If you want it to move fast without perhaps getting a top dollar for it, leave in a primer state for the buyer to finish to his or her choosing, if that's where it is at now. I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy a car that needs new paint. Then I could see for myself what could lurking under that shiny new coat of paint, if anything.

Craig

Comment

If I were ordering one for myself, and not for sale, it would have the 4-speed, at least an R1 engine. A supercharger would be great, but in my old age I need air conditioning in the summer time. I would have it black with a red interior. Bench front seat would be just fine. I would order such a car with dog dish hubcaps and black wall tires. Twin Traction rear would also be included along with factory traction bars.

Now this might not be the best way to set one up for resale, but that is the Lark that I wish sat in my drive way. I bet there are a lot of other folks that would look at the same way or close to it.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by Rerun View Post
                            Power Steering is a big plus. .
                            Thank you Rerun^
                            Paint it ala' Avanti;Turquoise with a matching turquoise leather interior.
                            R2/Powershift combo.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty65 View Post
                              Paint it ala' Avanti;Turquoise with a matching turquoise leather interior.
                              I'd love that combo; but, again, not the way to go for resale.
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X