Hunnert car pileup oct 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunnert car pileup oct 9th

I'd better throw my words of wisdom in here, since the circumstances have changed rather dramatically from last year:

For those in attendance last year to the Pileup, and have not received the message, the show is NOT in Morris, IL anymore. The show has been relocated to the larger fairgrounds of Progress City Convention Center in Decatur, IL for October 9, 2010. I won't go into the gory detail other than the reasons are that the show well outgrew it's facilities last year(those that attended can attest to how much it grew, lol), which required the show to move to another location.

Needless to say I dunno if I will attend as it's now well beyond my range of travel for something I like to attend on a single day during the weekend, lol.
    1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Exactly PBR2! We attended last year amongst the snow and cold and had a BLAST!. But Map Questing shows a 4.5 hour drive one way for me (withouy traffic delays)and I do not know if I want to blow 2 days of the weekend if I stay the night.
      We could leave @ 0 Dark thirty AM,but spending 5 hours there and the drive home would put us back @ 10 or 11 PM. Wish they could have found a place more East of where they went. Ah well.......

Comment

We are talking about going. Probably leave St. Louis Friday evening and get a motel not to far away and finish driving in Saturday morning. Anyone knowing the area have a suggestions? Any forum members attending let me know and I will trade cell numbers and we can maybe meet up.
        sigpic

Comment

Is anyone else going?
          sigpic

Comment

I'll be there, hopefully in the generi-stude, I'm a redshirt, inside parking so if your car meets the standard, you will see me.
            http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

We aren't bringing a car. Just comming to enjoy the eye candy. Can you or anyone else suggest a motel? We are comming from St. Louis leaving Friday evening. Should get there about 9PM. Would like to find someplace just out of town and drive the rest of the way in the next morning. Tho we would consider a place close by if the price was reasonable.
              sigpic

Comment

Thats cool, I'll be wearing a grey Vagabonds coat and a chrome german helmet (maybe) Find me if you can!

No help on a hotel, I got a buddy that I'm staying with in Lovington.

Comment

the wife and i are leaving friday noon for the pile-up. we are driving our 61 lark cruiser. i dropped it 3 inches in the rear and 1 inch in the front to give it the fifties look just for this show. we built this car for the pile-up last year, and got in on our first try to our surprise. many cars get rejected. lets hope the tech guys like the new look. hope ed & cyndi george bring their 61 lark wagon. its a cool car that always gets through the gate at the pile-up, although its just a driver to ed !
                  61 lark cruiser
                  64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Did this last night ih honor of the occasion.

hard to see all the sparkles in the first pic, here it is before unmasking.

Give the hubcaps a shot of it too.

Comment

Show is so kool I had my 1962 lark wagon their last year, can't wait!!!! Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X