Mechanic needed near Burbank, California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanic needed near Burbank, California

Anyone know of any good mechanics around Burbank, Ca that I can trust with my 64 Avanti? I need some transmission work (hard shifting), tune up, lube, etc.

I'm located in Hawthorne about 2 miles directly south of LAX. If I can help you, send me a PM. Bud

Comment

Yep, Give Bud a call, He knows what he's doing!

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

I believe our Club transmission expert, John Metzger, is located in the greater LA area as well, FWIW.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

All my cars (Studebaker included) go to AB Automotive in Thousand Oaks CA.
          He doesn't really do transmissions, but he does everything else.
          This is a one man shop.
          Ground rules are that you bring the shop manual with a vintage car and not be in too much of a hurry.

He is one of the best mechanics I have ever known, and he loves old cars. There is usually one oldie there (right now it is a restomod 1957 Chevy) and sometimes his own 1970's purple Mopar is there too.
          Most amazing of all is that the guy was born in 1970.
          Usually I pick mechanics by the gray hair test: the more gray they have, the more likely they will be able to work on my 1952 & 1960 cars.
          But Alex has gray matter instead of gray hair.

Yes, Thousand Oaks is about 30 miles from Burbank, but that is really only a 30 minute drive in non-commute times.

Comment

Working...
          X