Going to Carlisle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Carlisle?

I'm thinking of driving down to the Spring Carlisle meet on Sun... 5 hrs. down, 6 hrs. there, 5 hrs. back [|)]

Anyone here going to be there?

Hopefully it won't be 40 degrees and horizontal rain like last year........[xx(]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

I won't be there this year. Too much going on at home right now. Getting vinyl siding installed, etc.

The good news is that the weather is supposed to be good all weekend out there!

You have to search hard to find the Studebaker stuff at Carlisle, but some of it is there.

When I was there in fall of '03, there was a white Packard Hawk sitting right in the flea market field! I actually missed it while looking at some things on the opposite side of the row. Then a couple minutes later, my wife asked "Did you see that car that said "Packard" on the front, that looked something like your car?" Yeah, I quickly went back and found it!

Comment

I won't be there this year. Too much going on at home right now. Getting vinyl siding installed, etc.

The good news is that the weather is supposed to be good all weekend out there!

You have to search hard to find the Studebaker stuff at Carlisle, but some of it is there.

When I was there in fall of '03, there was a white Packard Hawk sitting right in the flea market field! I actually missed it while looking at some things on the opposite side of the row. Then a couple minutes later, my wife asked "Did you see that car that said "Packard" on the front, that looked something like your car?" Yeah, I quickly went back and found it!

Comment

I went yesterday, I saw one lark grill. The weather will be great. if you are looking for rust destroyers they can be found. There are alot of venders, if you are looking for por-15 you will find it.

Studebakers forever!
        Studebakers forever!

Comment

I went yesterday, I saw one lark grill. The weather will be great. if you are looking for rust destroyers they can be found. There are alot of venders, if you are looking for por-15 you will find it.

Studebakers forever!
          Studebakers forever!

Comment

BAMS,

I suspect that Frank Drumheller may be there. Shoot me a message off line and I can provide you with his cell number if you do not have it. You can also let him know that I have a copy of the Studebaker poetry book he wanted (he must be out of town as he did not respond to my e-mail).

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

BAMS,

I suspect that Frank Drumheller may be there. Shoot me a message off line and I can provide you with his cell number if you do not have it. You can also let him know that I have a copy of the Studebaker poetry book he wanted (he must be out of town as he did not respond to my e-mail).

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I went on Thu and Fri. Weather was great on Fri and will be even better on Sat. A couple of Studes for sale, but not many Stude parts. I really just go for the greasy food and the peanut butter ice cream anyway.

Skip Lackie
                Washington DC
                Skip Lackie

Comment

I went on Thu and Fri. Weather was great on Fri and will be even better on Sat. A couple of Studes for sale, but not many Stude parts. I really just go for the greasy food and the peanut butter ice cream anyway.

Skip Lackie
                  Washington DC
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                  X