lock for Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lock for Studebaker

I was at carlisle today and found the lock that has been missing from my car since 1999. I gave the lock to a guy and he died and his wife would not give me my lock back anyway while I was there the guy cut a key for me and he used this hand held machine, I could not beleive this thing worked, I wonder if anyone else has seen this thing.who knew ford invented it.

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

That's a 'Curtis Cutter'. Used one often in the '60s.

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

The replaceable disc on the tool is marked "Ford" because you have Hurd locks, which happen to be the same as early Ford Products had in '49-'50 and probably many other years. If you had Yale locks which most Studebakers have, I think he would use a different disc. for Chrysler/Studebaker keys/locks.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Score a point for StudeRich, the gentleman said I had a hurd lock and the way he cut that thing fred and barney could have used the same thing where is the big machine with the 100 keys on a rack!

Studebakers forever!
        Studebakers forever!

Comment

StudeRich is so correct. There are newer types of clippers out there. That one is old. ( I have two of them. Very limited whith what I can do) I am a locksmith by trade. The machines with a hundred keys to them are only duplicators.(Like the ones in Kmart, Home Depot, or anywhere else. Just copies the key.)The neat thing of this Curtis Clipper is that you now have a key cut to manufactures specs.

Comment

THERE ARE CLIPPERS FOR BIG RIGS ALSO , COULDN'T TELL YOU THE BRAND , IT'S LOCKED UP IN AN OFFICE RIGHT NOW.

Comment

Working...
            X