This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks For The Help I didn't Get

I ask a simple question in the Tech Forum about my hood springs. But didn't get a answer. Well you can forget about it now. I figured out a way to do it. It's not right but it works.

With all due respect, I'm a bit troubled by the angry tone. There are only a few hundred people who visit the forum regularly. Not all of us do so every day, and not all of us read every posting. There probably are no more than a couple of dozen regular readers who have a 56, and who either know the answer right away or can conveniently go outside and look at their car to refresh their memory.

On several occasions, I have spent several hours researching an answer to someone's question, and I suspect that others have invested that much time in responding to some of my questions. But on the average, I haven't a clue how to answer the vast majority of the questions posed here.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Sometimes patience is a virtue. I often don't frequent the Technical forum because I'm not really that confident that my advice is very correct, LOL. I'm afraid of giving some hurley-burley fix that might just make things worse for someone.

However, in this case, I have a '56 Commander on the property (though no body/chassis catalogues) and went out to look. Thankfully the springs were still extant. I'll go out and take pictures of the lower eye mounts for you later. They'll be posted in your Technical Forum thread.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I have been getting lots of help since I joined the Forum and have met some pretty informative "on line friends" Not all questions get t answerd. But the ones that do make up for those that don't.
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

The forum has been an incredible help for me in restoring a Lark (done) working on the Silver Hawk (in progress) and I am sure it will continue to be a source & help when I get to the 51 pick-up (in waiting). The technical knowledge, wisdom, and experience provided by the forum group keeps a novice, like me, assured that I can get the project completed. Without the forum many of us would have given up on project Studes...beat and overwhelmed. In the past I had replies that seemed to not answer my question...on review I didn't word the question properly.
          Anyway, sorry you are disappointed but I would encourage you to not give up on the forum.
          Ray Stewart SDC
          51 pick-up
          57 silver hawk
          62 lark

Comment

Working...
          X