quick! i need parts for my 51!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick! i need parts for my 51!

i've come across some people who have some parts, but to reiterate, i'm currently seeking:

- drivers side door window glass (i have the frame)
    - hood pull/cable
    - trunk emblem/latch assemblies (including the catch)/license light
    - dash-mounted rear view mirror

and i think that's all i'm looking for immediately. other parts i'm seeking are:
    - two ivory-handled window cranks
    - ivory headlight knob, wiper knob, turn signal knob
    - underseat heater with cover
    - interior upholstery panels
    - glove box lock
    - replacement rocker panels, complete replacement flooring, replacement trunk flooring

that's all i can think of offhandedly. my income is not very good, so i'm trying to work on a budget. i need the car driving and secureable within the next 3-4 weeks so i can take it to its winter location.

thanks! please reply to this thread in response with what you have.

Don't see anything there that will make it drivable or prevents it from winter storage but, have you contacted Roy Valdez on this Forum ? Explored the Stude vendors? Those all look like winter projects to me.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      Don't see anything there that will make it drivable or prevents it from winter storage but, have you contacted Roy Valdez on this Forum ? Explored the Stude vendors? Those all look like winter projects to me.
      i have contacted roy about parts. i'm just trying to gather a consensus of who's got what and for what cost. it is apparently mechanically drivable right now, but i need the carb adjusted. it's a carter and the notch in the choke adjustment knob is gone, so i don't know where to set it. i'm working solo, so it's hard to get everything adjusted by myself. plus, i plan to do some rewiring next week or the week after, so i've got the instrument cluster off now. i want interior lighting to work!

as far as vendors, i don't really want to spend maximum cost on these things. $50 for a window crank handle, for example. for some things, i'd rather have used parts and pay a great deal less for them. i'm not restoring it, just making it a fun drivable car.

most of my projects will be for winter, but i want some security before i leave it outside my friends' garage for the next few months. i'll get a cover, too, but i need those creature comforts that allow for peace of mind.
      Last edited by pyrodork; 09-24-2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X