Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas neck filler on 1950 Studebaker. How is it attachted to inner fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas neck filler on 1950 Studebaker. How is it attachted to inner fender?

When I took my 1950 Studebaker apart I didn't think to take a picture of how the gas neck filler mounts to the inner back left fender. Now I've put my fender back on, put my gas tank back on, but can't for the life of me figure out how the gas filler attaches to the inside of the fender. I think the bottom of it attaches to the tank via a rubber hose, but don't remember how the top part (where you put the gas nozzle in) attaches so it has some support? Was there a bracket? Does any have any pictures? Thanks.

Does this help?

The bracket/clamp from underneath:

Screwed up in to the filler housing:

Last edited by rockne10; 09-22-2010, 07:50 PM.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Yes, that helps out tremendously. The car went to the body shop over a year ago and just got it out and I couldn't remember how to connect it. Turns out the body shop CUT out the piece that had the hole in it for the neck filler. Now I know why I'm scratching my head. The metal piece that lies in-between the inner and outer fenders (with the hole for the neck tube) is MISSING! So, now I'll have to rig up some brackets! I had the outer fender welded to the body and filled so as to loose the fender joint and make it a smoother looking car...

Thanks again for the pictures!

Comment

Why, I stock that part. You can still put it in. It goes between inner fender. Not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mccheez View Post
          Turns out the body shop CUT out the piece that had the hole in it for the neck filler.
          Sounds like you need a better body shop. The filler housing also serves to keep tire debris from getting to the tail light.
          Last edited by rockne10; 09-23-2010, 05:43 PM.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
          X