No announcement yet.

Collctor car market on the way back up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collctor car market on the way back up!

....or at least it had better be if this is going to open around $55,000!

(And in case you can't identify the color, he mentions Bamboo Cream no fewer than TEN times in the ad, by actual count.)

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I'm not sure Bob, who knows what the motivation is for some of the cars now being offered. Is it because the owner thinks that the time is ripe for the sale, or is it desperation? Is the value placed on the car due to a long time owner who never really intended to sell the car inflating the price with sentiment? I just spent the last 4 days traveling about 700 miles on a couple of major interstates. I didn't see enough big rigs to fill even a small truck stop parking lot. They can claim the recession ended over a year ago if they want...I see little real world evidence. I think we are seeing a shift in the ownership of some pretty neat cars, but I am skeptical of the reason for it.

I will plead guilty of being rather narrowly focused in my car interest and knowledge, but this particular car would not have snapped my head around when it was new and my biggest reaction to it now is that it is still a big old gas guzzling bloated "road hog."
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That's a nice color, wonder what it's called?
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Neat car, but I don't think ANY boat tail Riveria has sold for anything near his reserve...and probably won't for the forseeable future.

But there are a lot of guys who haven't come to grip with the fact that some prices are down. They're still holding onto silly reserves.

The high end of the market has done fine...we're talking million dollar plus race cars and some classics or fairly rare cars when demand still outstrips supply.
        The rest of the market seems to be down from a few years ago...especially the models that went silly (Hemi MOPARS, etc) before the crash.
        Last edited by JBOYLE; 09-22-2010, 01:12 PM.
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
        X