rear package shelf color???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear package shelf color???

When I got my Power Hawk the car was in pretty rough shape and the rear package shelf was gone. I got the production order and found out the car was originally painted yellowstone and black with a white and gray interior, so that's how I had it restored. I see that SI has package shelves for sale in various colors but I'm not sure what color to get. White, black, or gray??????

I don't know about 1956 Hawks, but the rear shelf in my 1963 Hawk matches that of the kick panels in both color and material.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

My Power hawk had been in storage for 48 years when I got it, and the back package tray was in perfect condition, never having been exposed to the sun. It was Black c/w black buttons to hold it in. My car was Snow Cap White and has a black and white interior.
      Good Roads
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

This may not be originally correct, but I've found that the darker color the package shelf is, the easier it is to see out of the back window. An ivory shelf, as in my '53 coupe, glares in the mirror. I installed matt black in my '55, and vision is far better. It depends on whether you want show room accuracy or driving convenience.

Comment

Thanks for the input...I think I'm going to go with black.

Comment

Good choice, especially since white wasn't offered in '56. Actually, Charcoal Black is what you want.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

The South Bend 56 Golden Hawks had black rear package shelves with black buttons. The black was kind of flat (not glossy), kind of a charcoal color. The rear speaker was also black but the finish was somewhat glossy.
              sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Working...
              X