Very Nice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Nice!

I might get shot at here, but I'm ready.[}] Just kidding. Was checking the Studes on ebay and this one caught my eye.

Maybe its because I like four wheel drives. I know, I know, maybe the guy did a terrible thing putting c^*vy drivetrain in there but the truck looks really nice. That flatbed looks sweet also. This is what I plan on doing with my grandpa's 62 1-1/2. Except I'd leave the Stude Stuff in it and just build a nice Aluminum flatbed and maybe some chrome stacks. Just thought I'd share.

Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Jake, you are right, that is a great looking truck. I saw it on ebay earlier today and began to drool.
    Joe Roberts
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Jake, you are right, that is a great looking truck. I saw it on ebay earlier today and began to drool.
      Joe Roberts
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

[)]Jake, why don't you sell me your 1-ton Champ so you can get started on your Grandpa's '62? Just trying to help<g>.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
        http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

[)]Jake, why don't you sell me your 1-ton Champ so you can get started on your Grandpa's '62? Just trying to help<g>.[)]

steve blake

Comment

Nuthin' wrong with that truck that a Stude V8 couldn't fix. With gas at $3.30+ here, I want SOME economy to it![}]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Nuthin' wrong with that truck that a Stude V8 couldn't fix. With gas at $3.30+ here, I want SOME economy to it![}]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That doesn't help Steve, then I would have to build my grandpa's 62 and then ANOTHER 1 ton champ.

The best way to get economy out of that truck Biggs is....only drive it down hill.

Jake

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

That doesn't help Steve, then I would have to build my grandpa's 62 and then ANOTHER 1 ton champ.

The best way to get economy out of that truck Biggs is....only drive it down hill.

Jake

Comment

What did that guy paint the firewall, and inner fenders with?

Comment

What did that guy paint the firewall, and inner fenders with?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Stude4x4

Jake

[)]Hmmm...Jake...wanna build me a 1-ton Champ?[)]

steve blake

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Stude4x4

Jake

[)]Hmmm...Jake...wanna build me a 1-ton Champ?[)]

steve blake

Comment

Steve if I built you a one ton champ, then you would own every champ combination possible.[:0] That champ has been a fun project and I'm anxious to get back to it soon.

quote:What did that guy paint the firewall, and inner fenders with?
                            It's hard to tell. The glovebox looks like linex or factory undercoating. Either he painted over the undercoating or he used something like I did. Its call zolatone. It's a texture like paint, kinda like a undercoat, but not really thick. Its got a buncha flakes of stuff in it and it comes in any color.

Jake

Comment

Steve if I built you a one ton champ, then you would own every champ combination possible.[:0] That champ has been a fun project and I'm anxious to get back to it soon.

quote:What did that guy paint the firewall, and inner fenders with?
                              It's hard to tell. The glovebox looks like linex or factory undercoating. Either he painted over the undercoating or he used something like I did. Its call zolatone. It's a texture like paint, kinda like a undercoat, but not really thick. Its got a buncha flakes of stuff in it and it comes in any color.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                              X