51 business coupe project on TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 business coupe project on TV?

Copied this from an online auction site. Anybody know what the show is or anything else about it? Auction is in Phoenix area. Sorry, no pics or other info was posted about it. Steve

This Studebaker Business Coupe is being built by a new National TV Show. Come on out to the auction and see how a TV show is made. This car will sell to the highest bidder with NO RESERVE. It has been saved from the scrap yard and now YOU can own it. We are sorry that we cannot accept internet bids on this car. Please come to the Live Auction to bid.
    sigpic

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
    Copied this from an online auction site. Anybody know what the show is or anything else about it? Auction is in Phoenix area. Sorry, no pics or other info was posted about it. Steve

This Studebaker Business Coupe is being built by a new National TV Show. Come on out to the auction and see how a TV show is made. This car will sell to the highest bidder with NO RESERVE. It has been saved from the scrap yard and now YOU can own it. We are sorry that we cannot accept internet bids on this car. Please come to the Live Auction to bid.
    I have been corresponding with a girl from the Discovery Channel re what she said was a '50 business coupe. I sent her history and background.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      I have been corresponding with a girl from the Discovery Channel re what she said was a '50 business coupe. I sent her history and background.
      Thanks Richard, That must be it. I just looked again and it says 50 this morning. Either they changed it last night (my story and Im sticking to it) or I read it wrong initially. Do you know anything else about the show? Thanks, Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Rumor has it that someone is filming/producing a documentary type show on the restoration of a 50 0r 51, its not a finished product ready to be aired. third or 4th hand knowledge at best.

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
        Thanks Richard, That must be it. I just looked again and it says 50 this morning. Either they changed it last night (my story and Im sticking to it) or I read it wrong initially. Do you know anything else about the show? Thanks, Steve

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
        53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
        57 SH (project)
        60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Working...
        X