Rear Spout from an old gas tank needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Spout from an old gas tank needed

I am getting prepared to convert a 60 Lark gas tank (side spout) to a 64 with the spout in the rear.

Does anyone have a bad 64 tank with a good rear spout? I am hoping someone could cut the spout out of a scrap tank. All I would need is the spout itself and maybe an inch or two around its base so that it can be welded into a newer tank.

Anybody have an old tank laying around and is willing/able to cut this piece out and sell to me?

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff, I'm sure somebody will step up with one soon, probably near you. If not I should have one if a 62 is the same.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Jeff, I just did , this spring ,the same thing your about to do . The rad shop I took both tanks to , the old '66 tank and the new '60 tank, used a piece of the new 60 tank to use in the center since the 60 tank's spout is about twice as long . The then brassed up a patch over the hole they took the spout from . The owner said it was a very easy fix since the tank was new and they didn't have to deal with any gasoline issues.
      Hope this helps
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
      X