The Rare 'Champion S' model.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rare 'Champion S' model.

Last edited by Aussie Hawk; 09-15-2010, 01:48 PM.
    Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

"S" Yeah right, it's a Champion SIX (6), like all of them.

Interesting thing they did with the Amber front and rear Turn signals though, those front lenses must be custom made for export or made in Country, can't tell what they did to the rears, poor pic.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Couldn't make out if it had overdrive or not. Still, if they are going to ask $20k AU ($19.2K Can, $18.75K US) I think they should at least have vacuumed the floor.

Comment

Is that the Varsity? Oh wait, that's a Packard Lark model.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          "S" Yeah right, it's a Champion SIX (6), like all of them.

Interesting thing they did with the Amber front and rear Turn signals though, those front lenses must be custom made for export or made in Country, can't tell what they did to the rears, poor pic.
          Down here it's normal for the turn signals to be seperate from the brake lights, and amber lenses, the front ones can be clear. I remember the first time I saw a turn signal on an imported US car - it was such a novelty seeing the brake light flashing - Ok, Ok, I was 10 alright, sheeesh.
          My '54 Champion had been modified by the previous owner, I assume, it wasn't a factory job, but pretty good.

Matt
          Brisbane
          Australia
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
            I remember the first time I saw a turn signal on an imported US car - it was such a novelty seeing the brake light flashing - Ok, Ok, I was 10 alright, sheeesh.
            Wow, they had cars way back then??
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              Wow, they had cars way back then??
              I can't work out how to insert Icons in the new Forum format, so....... A BIG FAT RASPBERRY TO YOU MR. ANDREWS ;-)
              Matt
              Brisbane
              Australia
              sigpic

Comment

Did you mean something like

or maybe

Just be careful- there might be consequences like
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I remember Cadillac about 35 years ago or more using clear/white lenses on the rear, and under the same (longish) lens having both amber bulbs for turns and white bulbs for reverse, similar in effect to what the new Toyota Prius and lots of tuner cars have, which is white, amber and red bulbs under clear/white. I suppose that sort of fix wasn't acceptable in Australia, where the rear lens for turn signals had to be amber, whereas the front lens (like the 62-63-64 GT Hawk) could be either?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
                    I remember Cadillac about 35 years ago or more using clear/white lenses on the rear, and under the same (longish) lens having both amber bulbs for turns and white bulbs for reverse, similar in effect to what the new Toyota Prius and lots of tuner cars have, which is white, amber and red bulbs under clear/white. I suppose that sort of fix wasn't acceptable in Australia, where the rear lens for turn signals had to be amber, whereas the front lens (like the 62-63-64 GT Hawk) could be either?
                    That appeared on Cadillac for 1962.

Scroll to page 72 for more info:

Popular Science gives our readers the information and tools to improve their technology and their world. The core belief that Popular Science and our readers share: The future is going to be better, and science and technology are the driving forces that will help make it better.

Craig

Comment

LOL, really gentlemen, what do you expect for a car jockey? They all seem to be the same no matter where they are. It does look like a nice car though. A tri-star at that!
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

He also calls it a "146---" instead of the correct 14G---.
                        I e-mailed him with this correction and the "S".
                        He probably just doesn't know.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          He also calls it a "146---" instead of the correct 14G---.
                          I e-mailed him with this correction and the "S".
                          He probably just doesn't know.
                          He didn't respond to me or note it in his listing, but I see that he did correct the number, in two places, from 146 to 14G.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                          X