University Motors, Seattle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University Motors, Seattle?

Does anybody have any information on University Motors, in Seattle WA? Any photos, etc. would be great.
    \"Life is short, write in pen\"

No, but I found this cool picture of Roosevelt Way in 1950; note the new 1950 Champion. I can't help but feel that someone just bought it, and went into the MoPar joint afterwards to show the rude saleman there what a great buy he got, plus the neat new styling!!!!

Comment

I know that for a while (1955-1960--roughly) University Motors was located in that building.

Comment

Hey Bruce, Where did you find that picture? I haven't seen it before.

Comment

Don- I found it in the Seattle Munincipal archives; there is a series of road improvement shots on U. way.

Comment

Thanks for posting it.

Comment

My 58 Packard Sedan came from that dealership. I could post a pic of the University Motors rear license plate frame if you would like.

Comment

Stumbled across this thread. I'm pretty sure that the License Plate frames on the wagon are from University Motors!
                Last edited by cultural infidel; 09-19-2011, 12:29 PM. Reason: Just checked and I was correct!
                1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Could you post a picture?
                  --University Motors was (in 1959) an offshoot of University Chevrolet, as they wanted to sell the compact Lark.

Comment

Originally posted by texbodemer View Post
                    Could you post a picture?
                    --University Motors was (in 1959) an offshoot of University Chevrolet, as they wanted to sell the compact Lark.
                    Once I get to the point of getting it ready for the road, I will either re-paint/refurbish the frames or hang em in my garage as is.
                    Attached Files
                    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                    X