Studebaker Car Hauler -- Streamlined!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Car Hauler -- Streamlined!

Found these over on the HAMB Forum. They were identified as a 1935 Studebaker pulling the streamlined enclosed car hauler.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

K models, I think?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

A Heavy Stude.! That's a COE Tractor, nice Truck AND Trailer!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Just think of how miserable, noisy, and difficult a job driving one of those to make a living must have been back in the day. No turbos, no air conditioning, no air ride, and even if it had a radio, you couldn't have heard it. Then there was the fact that there were no interstate roads. Many of the concrete roads had few sections of concrete the same level. (Ever traveled the old N.J. turnpike?) Your kidneys took a beating, and the State police made a living at the bottom of the hills as you were doing your best to gain enough speed to make it up the next hill.

I love the old pictures, and my Dad was a hero for spending over 30 years in similar contraptions without ever having an accident charged to him. As for me...I'd drive one to a meet or a show...but I'd pass on doing it for a living.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
        X