Rebuild a Jeep under 4 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild a Jeep under 4 minutes

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    JDP Maryland

Pretty funny reading the comments. Most of them fail to realize that it's just a demonstration.
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
      Pretty funny reading the comments. Most of them fail to realize that it's just a demonstration.
      Yea, like you could really take a road ready Jeep apart and put back togeather in 4 minutes. A lot of time was spent building the demo though, I'd love to know how they did it, electric motor perhaps ?
      JDP Maryland

Comment

That takes me back to the civilian version they used to do at the St. Charles car show many years ago. Believe it or not it's actually a competition or a sport to see how fast, who's team could then get their Model T's apart. The teams all have their individuals who have their assigned roles of taking apart the components on the cars, and much of the work is coordinated. It's almost like an automotive version of a drill team. Of course the main objective is to see who can get their car apart the fastest in the shortest amount of time.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

No big deal....
          Happens every night in 'da hood......
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I helped restore my old CJ-5 and helped with a few others.
            It's easy if your Jeep hasn't been "fixed" or "upgraded" by previous owners.
            As most of you know from cars, 70-80% of the experts out there don't know what they're doing.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I saw that Model T demonstration at Greenfield Village in 1963. Impressive, but I think they used some Nev-R-Seez.

The Jeep job doesn't go quite as fast if the bearings need to be rebabbida-babbida-babbida

Comment

No matter how drivable or undrivable the thing is, it is fun to watch. There is a group around here who shows up at cars shows with a Model-T that they use for a similar demonstration. It is always a hit. People love to watch stuff like that, including me.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                X