1950 Champion seat springs help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion seat springs help needed

Any one know how I could get more support in the seat of my Champion? The springs nearly go to the floor and this does not make for a comfortable ride. I have seen on the owner's manual that heavier springs were available as a dealer installed option. Any one got a clue as to where something like this could be found?

Or...Any other suggestions?

I have a bad back and the sag limits my driving to about 20 minutes at a time. I would really like to make this a more regular driver.

Thanks

Tim Porter
    Hebron Illinois
    1950 Champion 2dr

I just had my springs redone from Snyders Antique Auto in Springfield Ohio. He did a nice job using the bottoms of my seat springs and new from there up. I am pretty sure they could do whatever you needed to have done. They are a F#@$ Model A and T parts house but will do any seat springs.

Comment

I just had my springs redone from Snyders Antique Auto in Springfield Ohio. He did a nice job using the bottoms of my seat springs and new from there up. I am pretty sure they could do whatever you needed to have done. They are a F#@$ Model A and T parts house but will do any seat springs.

Comment

Small world, I used to drive past there all the time when I still lived with my parents.

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Small world, I used to drive past there all the time when I still lived with my parents.

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I drove past there too, went right past when I went to drop off my springs. You're a long way from home.
            Sorry for all the losses at the school down your way.

Comment

I drove past there too, went right past when I went to drop off my springs. You're a long way from home.
              Sorry for all the losses at the school down your way.

Comment

Working...
              X