40's Studebaker Overall Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40's Studebaker Overall Dimensions

Hello Everyone, I am wondering if there is a database of overall dimensions for 40's era Studebaker trucks. Or if anyone has one that they could measure really quick, that would work too. I am specifically looking for width, length and height to top of cab. I have a client that is looking to display a truck and this is what he is looking for but does not have yet. I have done a search on this forum and also have Googled it with no luck. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

I think the only place the dimensions would be printed is in the M-series truck fact book. Someone on the Truck Forum probably has one........
    Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

My 1948 M5 pickup (half-ton) measures about 15'-6" long (bumper-to-bumper), 6'-4" wide (at the front fenders), and 6'-6" high to the top of the roof. My truck may sit a little higher than others because of the heavy duty springs and 6.50-16 ten-ply tires. Otherwise, the dimensions of all 1941-48 M5 trucks are the same.

I suspect that the dimensions of the later 2R5 trucks are very similar since the wheelbases are within 1 inch of each other.

P.S. I drove this Studebaker today. I took a friend on a tour of the countryside in SouthCoast, Massachusetts. We stopped at the Buzzards Bay Brewery (now known as Just Beer) in Westport - they were bottling today, no tastings. So, we went around the corner to the Westport Rivers Winery (same owners) and sipped white wine for a while, then bought some of the beer from the brewery and some wine to take home. I guess we put 25-30 miles on the truck on back roads. My friend liked the way the overdrive works. A good afternoon!
      Last edited by garyash; 09-13-2010, 02:08 PM.
      Gary Ash
      Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
      ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
      '48 M5
      '65 Wagonaire Commander
      '63 Wagonaire Standard
      web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Just gotta say what a beautiful truck you have. The overdrive must be a big help.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, that is exactly what we are looking for and just about what I had estimated. That truck is a beauty, thanks for posting the pic for reference. Gary, I gotta say that I am going to check out your website to see if you have any progress pics of the Indy replica, and if you don't you need to get some up there. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X