Old Turning wheel isses and Print Ads question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Turning wheel isses and Print Ads question

My father has decades of back issues of turning wheels magazines and hundreds of old print ads of Studebakers from the 30's to 60's. Unfortunately my dad who has Alzhiemers needs to part with his collections due to moving to a retirement community. The idea of selling these items piecemeal does not appeal to me. Any help with where one could go and sell the entire collection would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you took them to one of the main swap meets , like SB or thee International meet one of the venders there probably would buy them from you .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Denver,
      Certainly extend sympathies on your Father's condition. Been there and send prayers for the strength of the Spirit to help you through.

You could sell them in bulk at a swap meet but, not knowing where you are located (nothing in your profile), would probably not get enough for the cost of attending a meet.

Individual issues can sell for $1.00; collections may bring $20-$50.

Best to either let us know where you live or contact your local Chapter.

Either way, they are worth passing on to someone in need and not taking up space in the landfill.

Find your local chapter here:
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Denver View Post
        My father has decades of back issues of turning wheels magazines and hundreds of old print ads of Studebakers from the 30's to 60's. Unfortunately my dad who has Alzhiemers needs to part with his collections due to moving to a retirement community. The idea of selling these items piecemeal does not appeal to me. Any help with where one could go and sell the entire collection would be appreciated. Thanks.
        I respectfully suggest that the advertisement collection could be donated to the Studebaker museum, if you can. It could be a homage to your father's dedication

Comment

Thanks forum members for some of your ideas. I did add where I live to my profile so as to be of help.

Comment

I just bought an old issue on Ebay the other day. $1 for the item and $2 to ship it. No real money to be made there,I'd just pass them along to someone that would treasure them.

Comment

Working...
            X