51-52 rocker panels and floors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51-52 rocker panels and floors

I have looked through my Body, Chassis and Shop manuals for illustration that show the floorboards, the rocker panels (Panel, sill, Ills. #2360-10)and reinforcement (Filler, sill panel to reinforcement, Ills. #2360-12) . It seem the floorboards have been overlooked. What am I missing? Hardtops have the same configuration as the convertible which have an additional reinforcement (Filler, sill panel to reinforcement, Ills #2360-12) on the bottom of the rocker panels (Panel, Sills) and sheet metal boxing the area between the bottom of rockers and the frame with vertical webs. Only the rockers (Panel sills) and the reinforcements (Fillers) are depicted in the manuals. If anyone has a drawing of photo which shows how all these part should come together I would appreciate seeing it. Thanks
    Last edited by fatboylust; 11-10-2010, 02:08 PM.

Hi all,

I'm going to follow up on this 8 year old question, as I'm now in the same boat as this forum member was back in 2010.

I'm working on a 1947 Champion Convertible (6G-S2) and critical parts of the body to frame assembly have been either cut away or are just plain missing. The Part Numbers I would love to get a hold of (don't laugh... I know these are long gone.) are Part #296218 (Sill Filler Panel, Right) and Part #296219 (Sill Filler Panel, Left). In addition, the toe-board and floor panels have been cut into, patched and diced and sliced beyond recognition.

Can anyone send me (or upload) pics of any 47 or 48 Champion 2-door / coupe or convertible from underneath?
    Because so much of this has been modified on my car, I can't tell what should be there without a good drawing or diagram.
    Or a good set of photos!

To give you an idea of what I'm working with, here's a few pics:

View looking rear - inside driver's side front wheel well
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6tqslxh6wdgy92/IMG_8437.JPG

View looking rear - rear inside sill panel - driver's side

Same as previous - view shows middle body brace attached to... air.

Now looking forward under sill panel - driver's side - floor patching evident.

I'm also wondering if my sill panels are even fully intact? If anyone has a set from Classic Enterprises installed (47-52) I'd love to see a profile (and not a side view) to get an idea of whether I need them or not.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Michael (mbhdesign)
    Attached Files
    mbhdesign -

Michael Hennessey
    Proud Owner
    1947 Studebaker Champion Regal Deluxe Convertible

Comment

Hope these help:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	TB DWG3.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1724879 Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude floor 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1724880 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0264.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1724881 Click image for larger version

Name:	TB DWG1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1724882

Comment

Yes, indeed they do!

Thanks for sharing these with me. The CAD view drawings are especially helpful in getting an idea of what should be there.
        Now I just have to figure out where my panels begin and end!

Many thanks!
        mbhdesign -

Michael Hennessey
        Proud Owner
        1947 Studebaker Champion Regal Deluxe Convertible

Comment

Working...
        X