Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out!!! '61 Hawk hot rod...

Hey guys,

Check out what I found on Ebay. Far from finished, but I love the concept. I'd have to do the front different, and a little differences on the back; and ditch the top. But, the overall approach I love! What do you guys think?

Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

I agree - the front needs to be re-done. I kinda like the top. I also would get rid of the steering wheel before impaling myself with it.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I think that's made the rounds on Ebay a few times before.

Comment

Poor Hawk. I need to puke.

Comment

My Goodness , Thats Awesome . . . . . ( can someone loan me $9500 ? )

Comment

Looks a lot like what I have in mind for mine. LOL
            Don Watson
            61 Hawk

Comment

That guy was pushing it at the LA Roadster show in June. The flyer he was passing out was choice, had a whole page of awesome advice for purchasing this car.

Winner!

Comment

In its current condition, that car is simply a wreck. An expensive wreck. Who would want to buy an unfinished painting when it was less than half complete? If I had all the money in the world, I would not offer much more than junk price for this thing. If I were going to buy a custom or a rod, I would either buy a completed rod, or an original that I could restore or customize the way I wanted. I would not buy some hacked up, incomplete, abandoned, assemblage of parts while trying to convince myself and others that I had stumbled into a great find.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Eeeeeww! That's just about the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Comment

terrible, terrible waste of a beautiful car that probably could have been restored to original condition for less than it cost to mutilate it.

Comment

I would like to see what the car looks like with the hood and front end pieces on it. My guess is that either he doesn't have them, or they are stock/unmodified. I have requested pics of those parts two different times (two different eBay auctions) but never heard back from the seller.
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

This car has been discussed here a few other times. As I recall the current ownder paid either $5500 or $6500 for it earlier this Summer. I have no idea what terms to use to search for the other threads.

In the previous threads I said I'd take a shot at making it into something if I could get it for $1K or less. I still stand by that. I think this seller is going to have a long, frustrating road trying to get that money for it though.
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Triple yuk.

Comment

It makes my eyes bleed what there is some ideas there that I like
                            Tom
                            sigpic

Comment

I love it! I think it isn't bad at all.
                              Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                              Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                              Lizella, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X