Ozark Trails Orphan Car Show and IDYSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozark Trails Orphan Car Show and IDYSD

The Orphan Show was a big success this year. We had more cars and trucks than last year and several orphans at the meet for the first time.
    Thanks to Diane Crooks from the Heart of America Chapter for these pictures!

Last edited by Gary1953; 09-05-2010, 12:26 PM.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

I'm glad someone took pictures because I was remiss in that department.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Too bad I had to miss it!
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

It was our first time at the meet and we really enjoyed it. On the way down we were supplied with lots of rain water falling from the sky to the tune of 6" worth around Springfield. One car in our convoy suffered an alternator failure during that storm but with some support from Gary Sanders we were able to get it to Branson under its own power with the help of a fresh battery. So other than getting our clothes soaked to the bone there we arrived safely. Once there a borrowed replacement alternator was installed and the 63 Lark in question made it the 400 miles home. We had a chance to meet several Forum members, some that I had never met before, a couple that come to mind are 52FAN and GEEMAC. Of course STDE5 was there too. Some accused us of having a Forum meeting in the round in the middle of the parking lot. The clouds parted for Friday and Saturday"s show and it could not have been nicer. If the hospitality enjoyed by all at this meet is any indication of what we can expect next June we will have a wonderful time in Springfield next year.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Thanks Gary, If it were not for some of you all posting the great shots, others of us would miss a lot of good studes.

Comment

Working...
          X