Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT?!? No post about the 2010 PSMCDR???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT?!? No post about the 2010 PSMCDR???

Sept 17-18 are the PSMCDR (Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Races) being held at the usual location at Mid-Michigan Motorplex near Stanton, MI.

~Word~ is that 12 Studebakers will be active participants! That should be a new record! Hopefully they will match last year's feat with a WIN for every Studebaker driver in their shoot-out rounds.
    Frank Remlinger
    Detroit, Michigan
    SDC# A004602R

'Just a couple days ago, Frank:

We of Studebaker-land will have to be on our Good Behavior: Turning Wheels' Editor Art Unger has made flight and rental car plans to attend the 2010 Pure Stock Drags all the way from British Columbia! He called to discuss his plans Wednesday eveing, September 1, and will be there!

Art said he couldn't stand it any more; 'had to come at least once. This should indeed be a good year for him to attend.

(Phooey; with Art on site, I won't be able to make up any more stories <GGG> for sidebars in the Turning Wheels 2010 Pure Stock Drags report, which we have scheduled for the January 2011 issue.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi Frank,

I'm looking for a "driving buddy", and I can't seem to get Bob S interested despite several emails.

Can you send him an email?

Thank you,

Paul

Comment

Let's line 'em up and run 'em, Frank. Loser buys Cokes ? I had to stop tonight because my ring compressor walked off. I'll make another short search for it tomorrow before heading to town to buy another. A little more dusting and cleaning in the engine bay and I'll be ready to button it up and go for a break-in cruise next weekend.
        Jim
        Often in error, never in doubt
        http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 55s View Post
          Hi Frank,

I'm looking for a "driving buddy", and I can't seem to get Bob S interested despite several emails.

Thank you,

Paul
          Hey Paul!! I know Bob's brother Gord is coming over from Newmarket for the PSMCDR. I'll see if I can get Gord to light a fire underneath Bob. Their father just passed away and I think the memorial service is the weekend follwoing PSMCDR so I don't know if this has a bearing on Bob's reluctance on attending the PSMCDR. Remember, Bob is a charter member of CASO group so that may be keeping him away. He doesn't like to part with his Loonies. Hope to see you there!
          Frank Remlinger
          Detroit, Michigan
          SDC# A004602R

Comment

I plan on driving my Lark up there and parking in the Stude corral. I will not be racing for several reasons (don't want to break it, it's not an Avanti-powered Lark, it isn't stock, etc.) BUT...I DO want to be part of the crowd and will be taking photos while I am there (Saturday). So, keep a spot open for me!

--george
            1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Originally posted by 55s View Post
              Hi Frank,

Thank you,

Paul
              Paul, Are you looking to hitch a ride or are you driving a Stude down to the event?

Caroline and I are leaving on Thursday afternoon or Early Friday morning in my Hawk... Bob Barrick is going down probably early Friday morning. I have met Bob for Breakfast at the Bob Evans in Port Huron early in the morning. He has a 1 1/2 - 2 hour advantage on me and probably 2 -2 1/2 on you. We have not decided what are plans are yet... but we know that we are going to Stanton and racing.

Allen
              1964 GT Hawk
              PSMCDR 2014
              Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
              PSMCDR 2013
              Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by ClaymoreWW View Post
                I plan on driving my Lark up there and parking in the Stude corral. I will not be racing for several reasons (don't want to break it, it's not an Avanti-powered Lark, it isn't stock, etc.) BUT...I DO want to be part of the crowd and will be taking photos while I am there (Saturday). So, keep a spot open for me!

--george

You bet
                we're keeping a spot open for you, George; we need more of your good photos at the track, for Turning Wheels! Keep taking them! BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi Allen , see your still around , Earl must not of got you ??
                  Yep I'll be going , got my room , hope to bring a Stude just don't know which one yet....so save another parking spot , Bob !
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hi Allen,

Thank you for your kind offer. I was going to drive down with a local former SDC nut but I would not be taking a Studebaker. I have three Studes insured, and while they are safe, they all have long distance issues, and would not be suitable/ready for drags. (55 Commander, 58 PH less blower (I have 3 in a box), and the 63 GT (2 barrel).

I was hoping to get one of the 55 Speedsters out (to clinch the as yet unclaimed 55 record - Is there anyone else out there?), but I haven't even opened their barn door yet this year. My 56J GH brakes need looking at.

I admire the fact that you have been able to find the time despite a busy schedule to get your cars ready.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                      Hi Allen , see your still around , Earl must not of got you ??
                      Yep I'll be going , got my room , hope to bring a Stude just don't know which one yet....so save another parking spot , Bob !
                      I've been hanging around DC since getting kicked out of the Outer Banks. This city is remarkable. Should be home in two days, hopefully without any more Stude trouble.

I sure hope Bob Palma has saved me a spot in the Stude corral, because my Hawk is one-hell-of-a-lot more dependable than my Lark. That Lark is getting a new drivetrain!

Allen
                      1964 GT Hawk
                      PSMCDR 2014
                      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                      PSMCDR 2013
                      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Now I've just got the set up for you a full flow 289 with all the stuff to put a 4 spd behind it !
                        See you in Michigan ....safe trip home .
                        sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car problems, Allen.

My focus always has been on being able to stop well. I haven't focussed on making a car go a long distance or making it go fast. (yet!)

It looks as though Bob can't make it. I'll see if my son is interested or ???
                          Last edited by 55s; 09-06-2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Paul,

Check your "Inbox" for a notification!!
                            Frank Remlinger
                            Detroit, Michigan
                            SDC# A004602R

Comment

Long range weather doesn't look good for friday....hope this changes soon
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X