Today is the day to drive your Stude!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is the day to drive your Stude!

Okay, the day has come for 2010. Let's see what beautiful settings your Studebaker driver of choice got the chance to experience for the 2nd International Drive Your Studebaker Day. Those of you around the world in an earlier September 4th time zone will have a great head start. Even driving it out of the garage onto the driveway counts! Good luck and have a safe day, everybody. Wear your seat belts! I'd like to get a feel for where you enjoy your Stude, picture-wise.

Edit: Of course, the sun comes out beautifully during the work week and rains on Saturday. It's supposed to clear out later for convertibles.

Update: It finally quit raining...first autumn-like day after two months of humid 90s. Perfect for a ride around the neighborhood.

Last edited by barnlark; 09-04-2010, 02:39 PM.

I drive a Studebaker every day. I'm glad that many others will join me.

Comment

I'm taking the Hawk to the local cruise later on today.

Comment

I'm taking the Keystone Chapter's raffle car to my H.S. Reunion today. Hope to sell a bunch of tickets to those "ole timers" who remember when Studebakers were still in production. My H.S. days featured a '55 Commander.

JWW

This is an all school reunion for the classes from 1932 -- 1966 (the last class before the merger.)

Comment

Part One...

Situations prevent me from driving mine more than just a tad today (more on that later, hopefully). So, just after midnight, I got mine out of the barn, drove down the road and back, and put it away for the night.

I hope to update this with more Studebaker content (other driving) later!

--george
          1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

George....
            I really like the stance and look of your Stude..
            Jeff

Originally posted by ClaymoreWW View Post
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

So far, I drove the '51 to The Waffle Shop where I was joined by my friend Art with his '52 Champion. We then went to the shop. Russell, the shop owner, went and retrieved a '56 Packard 400 with brake issues ( actually more than brake issues but will find out more as we poke around).
              Will drive the '51 to the barber shop shortly. We'll see how the day progresses. Photos to follow.
              Got my hair cut. Drove back to the shop; Russell's not there; the shop is locked. I suspect...YEP! Here he comes in the '56. He took the shop truck home and returned in the Cummins powered Transtar.
              Click this link for additional photos and videos:
              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Our examination of the Packard 400 requires a whole thread of its own.

Last edited by rockne10; 09-04-2010, 06:46 PM.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

You mean it's not everyday???
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Drove her to work...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1525.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1663240Drove "Pretty" to work yesterday and today, took a picture of her in the parking lot..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1663239

Comment

No, it's not just drive your Studebaker day, it's the International version! We realize many of you aren't climately challenged all year long, but I was hoping for puuurdy pictures to prove it on September 4th, like George's. Thanks, nice beefy lookin' car...Jeff just likes anything with yellow traction bars!
                    I was hoping the Australians would catch on to the time zone challenge by now, it's almost 11pm there. You guys are so slow. I know the wit-well has not run dry, so let's see some Australian landscape.
                    Last edited by barnlark; 09-04-2010, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JWW View Post
                      I'm taking the Keystone Chapter's raffle car to my H.S. Reunion today. Hope to sell a bunch of tickets to those "ole timers" who remember when Studebakers were still in production. My H.S. days featured a '55 Commander.

JWW

This is an all school reunion for the classes from 1932 -- 1966 (the last class before the merger.)
                      John, make sure you get a class picture with your car. That's a great event shot for TW, too.
                      Last edited by barnlark; 09-04-2010, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Though no pics,I'll be driving my 63 Champ with com. lawnmower in back to take care of Mom's lawn and such.so it will be working today as well as fun driving!!!
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Drove the '60 Champ to the coffee shop this morning and went and took this pic at the far end of our town . Have to get the '66 out this afternoon .
                          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Niiiice, Bob. Make your settings bigger, I want to see those beauties. Did Roly get you your parts?

Comment

I have my scotsman 4x4 out on "Drive your Studebaker day"

Take care

george o

Comment

Working...
                              X