You never know where they are...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You never know where they are...

Amazing. This one's probably 15 minutes from me. Probably drive past it every weekend on the way to the Oswego Speedway and weekend house... and have never seen it anywhere. Still shocks me how that can happen!

(If anyone could possibly be interested, I could look at it for you. Not expecting it looking at that BIN):

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bob, if you need an excuse to go look at it, you can go look at it for me. I'm not interested in it, I'm just trying to help you out. A pair of massive chrome exhaust stacks would hide that massive gap between the cab and box. Is the correct name for this truck a 'Studer Duty'?
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

LOL! I'd hate to make the owner think I was interested for that kind of money I do like the concept though. That could be super-sharp if the frame was shortened enough to close the gap and the bed narrowed enough to fill the fenders.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

The bed actually looks factory... it fits about as well as the Dodge beds used on a lot of Champs <G>
        Jeff DeWitt
        http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

He only says that the bed is Ford. I assumed that the rest is Studebaker. Then I noticed that it is a "V8" and it has dual rear wheels. I wonder if it is all Ford and what the engine and transmission are. I might be interested in the $1000-$1500 range.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yep, getting to his asking price is going to be a stretch. No explanation of where all the money he mentions investing went. Sure can't see or read that kind of bucks in the photos and copy.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

I wondered exactly the same thing Jack, I was going to say where is the $10,000.00! Maybe a Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V-8 or something. If you don't show it or say it, you have 0 chance of someone spending that kind of dough!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Got me wondering too. This is one of the busiest weekends of the year for me, but I may try to stop by and find out what' up...
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob, I'm trying to remember the categories of accident causes on the old Form 1769. I think it was "Carrier inattention caused by fingering mail"? (I really have been away for a while. I used to see those in my sleep. Yeah, yeah, right there at the desk).

Puh-leeze tell me this is not on your route...

Comment

I wouldn't know Mike, I work accident free!

And no, it's not on my route. My area is in the opposite direction. If it was, I'd know it, and probably have driven it by now

I did e-mail the seller for a bit more info. It would be wild if it turns out to be somebody I know. Stranger things have happened...
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Got this response back from the seller:

It runs and drives. I've installed a 1993 Lincoln 4.6 DOHC engine. Fuel Injected. Automatic overdrive transmission. It runs and drives, Original frame, and original straight axle up front. It has a dana 4:11 rear end, and a 1999 ford dually bed on the back. I DO NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL ENGINE.
                      Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                        Got this response back from the seller:

It runs and drives. I've installed a 1993 Lincoln 4.6 DOHC engine. Fuel Injected. Automatic overdrive transmission. It runs and drives, Original frame, and original straight axle up front. It has a dana 4:11 rear end, and a 1999 ford dually bed on the back. I DO NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL ENGINE.
                        Thanks, Bob. It is not for me.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                        X