Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCC on Studebaker platforms

HCC

But what got me was their definition of the Studebaker. They stated that from 1959-1987 the Lark/Avanti used the same frame, which of course, is true. However, my understanding is that Studebaker actually used the same basic frame starting with the 1953.model. Granted,over the years, they changed many things (length, crossmembers, spring locations, brakes etc.) but the basic platform did start in 1953. Am I wrong?

John

Originally posted by Johnnywiffer View Post
    HCC

But what got me was their definition of the Studebaker. They stated that from 1959-1987 the Lark/Avanti used the same frame, which of course, is true. However, my understanding is that Studebaker actually used the same basic frame starting with the 1953.model. Granted,over the years, they changed many things (length, crossmembers, spring locations, brakes etc.) but the basic platform did start in 1953. Am I wrong?

John
    There is another thread already on this.
    To answer your question, the same basic frame and suspension was used on Studebakers from 1951 through 1966 and Avantis from 1963 through 1985.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Oops, I guess I'm the only person who doesn't read every thread on the Forum. Would certainly not have started a 2nd one on the same subject, had I known. I consider myself thoroughly chastised.

And I also appreciate being set straight on Stude history. Don't know all of that either.

Shucks!

John

Comment

Another long run was the VW Beetle from 1938 to 1970 which retained the same basic chassis. They used the chassis during the war (WWII) for military vehicles and lost a few years after war before the Beetle was reintroduced.

Comment

Working...
        X