Value test GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value test GT Hawk

We may get some data on the current market with a car I just listed. We sold it last year for a bit over 6K but the owner picked out another GT at Sal's too. He intended to keep both, but after a year, asked us to sell it again, in exactly the same condition.

JDP Maryland

Hi John, looks like a nice car. The ad states that it has a Powershift transmission, but it has a column mounted shifter (rather than a floor shifter). Does this indeed have a Powershift transmission?
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Let's hope the trend is up. That one of the rarest, best-performing, most desirable Studebakers only brought $6k last year is depressing enough.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        Hi John, looks like a nice car. The ad states that it has a Powershift transmission, but it has a column mounted shifter (rather than a floor shifter). Does this indeed have a Powershift transmission?

Well, that's what I get for a long distance listing, it's a HD Flightomatic, I'll add a note.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

I've got this car sitting in my carport. If anyone needs any particular info, just let me know. This is a great car, runs well, tracks true, lots of power.
          sals54

Comment

Is that the correct background on the instrument panel? I don't know what was original.
            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
            50 Champion 2 door*
            53 Commander K Auto*
            53 Commander K overdrive*
            55 President Speedster
            62 GT 4Speed*
            63 Avanti R1*
            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

[QUOTE=JDP;484527] it's a HD FlightomaticQUOTE]

That's a relief- I was afraid it was going to me my Powershift GT keeper I've been dreaming of
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

You should have no problem being as the book is listed (11K NADA average low book value)
                What's to worry? those book prices are always close!
                64 Champ long bed V8
                55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                  Is that the correct background on the instrument panel? I don't know what was original.
                  Nope, it should have woodgrain, and one or two of the gages are aftermarket also, and the exhaust extensions are wrong. As with most drivers, it'll need after market k parts replaced.
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Kdancy View Post
                    You should have no problem being as the book is listed (11K NADA average low book value)
                    What's to worry? those book prices are always close!

Low book condition is about what most drivers are, they are not rusty, beaters:

Low Retail Value
                    This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Mostly usable "as-is".

If this car was sold at Barrett Jackson, or in a collector car show room, it would go for 10K or better IMHO. I've sold nicer R1's for close to 20K, but that was a year or two ago.
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                      We may get some data on the current market with a car I just listed. We sold it last year for a bit over 6K but the owner picked out another GT at Sal's too. He intended to keep both, but after a year, asked us to sell it again, in exactly the same condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290469659935

It sold for $7211 the second time, about a grand over last time, not enough higher to prove much.

JDP Maryland

Comment

I saw that car and it was pretty nice and very honestly represented in the listing. Very little needed to lift it above a driver. I hoped Matt would go for it and ship it down under as R1's are few and far between here. In better times I think it would have been worth around Ten K. At least the seller and buyer met at a price.Time may prove it to be a good buy as the economy improves.
                        A.C.Moisley

Comment

I agree with JDP. I wish I didn't have two kids to put through college the next five years. Cars like this won't be selling below $10K ten years hence.

Comment

Working...
                          X